Brainfog, fatigue, extreme memory loss, spacey, visual disturbances

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been living like this for at least 5 years since my best friend killed himself. However it's been getting much worse. I can hardly read, even typing this is slightly difficult. I have a werid snowy-static like vision with lots of floaters which on top of my lack of concentration makes it difficult for me to read. I used to be a very sharp person, quick witted, etc. Now I struggle to think of which word to use on an hourly basis. I feel like im constantly in a dream, and when I wake up (after typically a 12 hour sleep) i'm so dizzy I have to get up very very very slowly. I wouldn't say i'm exactly "sad" but i'm thinking i'm depressed. Has anyone else been through this and gotten out of it? Doesn't seem like theres much hope, no anti depressants have ever helped me. I've gotten MRI's, every blood test in the book, i've cut dairy and gluten out of my diet (though i was skeptical) and all to no avail. I'm looking to talk to some people who are also going through this, or have went though it and survived.  

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

ps I forgot to mention. That i also am having a much harder time concentrating like brain fog.  So i force myself to do things that use my left brain
    • Posted

I think thats the most amazing advice i've ever gotten...you just blew my mind, thank you so much

• Posted

wow, thank you! I hope so much that you have so relief and everything turns around. I also pray.  Good luck to you and please keep posting. It helps me when I am really down to have someone here respond who knows exactly what is like.
    • Posted

yeah man message me whenever. I could use it to, I get really discouraged lately seeing as no one knows how to help me
    • Posted

so weird, i don't see my first reply to you.  Anyway, I am in a similar bad spot but haven't been as bad with the brain fog, but major problems with concentration.  anyway, i had said that playing poker helps me. Or try puzzles. stuff that require 100% concentration and u can't drift into an emotional descent.

• Posted

It's so frustrating watching everyone else getting on with their lives and happy. When we are stuck in this abyss. I can't kill myself because I am Christian so I am just trying to make the best of it while I am stuck on this planet.  There is a quote by Oscar Wilde-"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."

Do something that could make you happy.

• Posted

I can't kill myself because of my family, and because frankly even without them I wouldn't be able to do it.

and thats the problem, the thing that brings me most joy in the world - creating music and listening to music. I no longe enjoy, i'm just emotionally numb at this point. I cant think of a single thing that would make me happy 

• Posted

Try to put yourself on an hour by hour schedule to fill up your time. even keep "walking dog" on your schedule small things big things. Create a structure in your life.  Try and do stuff perhaps that people will depend and appreciate you. Cook family dinner, volunteer. Play guitar for people shut down in retirement homes

• Posted

darn my comments keep getting stopped by the moderator.  I read an interesting article on music and it said the modern pop music has different alogrithms then ones from the past like led zep... Modern pop is bland... It was really interesting. I copied and pasted it in my last reply to u but i dont know if they will post it.

But I had an idea, maybe you can try and regain your passion for your music from a left brain approach. Break down your music into algoriths and see if there is a pattern for the songs u like better than the others. Like an experiment. Maybe you will make even greater music

• Posted

Yeah pop music usually follows the  I–V–vi–IV  progression, which is a variation of pachabels canon in D. So essentially every pop song was already created in 1680. But yeah that's honestly HOW I make music, it's pretty methodical. 

• Posted

Maybe you could try a new progression sees what comes of it? are you on youtube can i hear your stuff?
  • Posted

Hi do you think you may be suffering from PTSD?   Have you ever had counselling for the terrible event you witnessed?    x

• Posted

I think it's a strong possibility, why do these symptoms point towards PTSD? Or are you mentioning this because of the loss of my friend

• Posted

Have you checked your blood pressure or had test for anemia? Im sure depression is part of it also. Not enough magnesium or other vitamins may be a problem. Seeing a doctor for a complete blood panel test may be needed. I blacked out a few times and nerves were really bad when my depression was diagnosed. Had a lot of test but a neurologist was the dr.that found my problem. I didn't have an appetite either, which caused vitamins needed. You can in no way blame youself for what happened. A person that depressed and suicidal could win an oscar for acting as if nothing was wrong. Im sorry this happened and truly hope you get some much needed help soon. A full blood panel shows three or four pages of results. One thing overlooked so much is thyroid disease. It affects every part of your body. It also causes many of your symptoms. There are four different test for the correct answer. A regular M.D. usually only runs one of the four test. Look at the section on thyroid in this site, and find the test and symptoms. Hoping to hear very soon you are getting better.

• Posted

Thank you very much for your input, alas i've had a full panel done. Thyroid is fine, iron levels etc. 

I've been through 4 different gps, numerous psychiatrists, neurologist, opthalmologist and they all scratch their heads, while probably thinking im making it all up. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.