I have palmoplanter pustular psoriasis and in severe pain during breakouts

Posted , 3 users are following.

After 8 months of excruciating pain I was finally diagnosed with palmoplanter pustular psoriasis 2 months ago. They put me on prednisone, otezla, and a steroidal cream to apply to pustules on my hands. It only happens to my hands not my feet. I am in excruciating pain and discomfort. I can't use my hands and my wrist and thumb joints swell and are the worst pain ever. I wrap my wrists 2-3 times a day with Bengay and an ace bandage. My question is what caused this? and why when I have a breakout of pustules why does it hurt so much worse? I'll go like 2 weeks in this pain and the pustules keep multiplying on both hands. Why does the cold and Heat make it worse?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You are in pain because the skin is breaking down on sensitive areas you need to use. I use sudocreme, tea tree creme and ibuprofen gel. It cones and goes!
    • Posted

You are in pain because the skin is breaking down on sensitive areas you need to use. I use sudocreme, tea tree creme and ibuprofen gel. It comes and goes!
  • Posted

Hi Elizabeth,

I sympathize with you. You asked why you developed this awful condition. I developed it following a sore throat. My derm is convinced that it caused the pustular flare up for me. I had it all over the soles of my feet and on my toes for the past 3 months. It's finally subsided quite a bit.I'm hoping your regime eventually clears it up. Hang in there

• Posted

Why when I sneeze or cough I get severe pain like lightning bolts shooting to my hands?
    • Posted

That's probably the brachial nerve being affected by pressure compression in your neck when you sneeze.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.