Worried again, symptoms creeping back

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was feeling really good til yesterday and now feel the unease and shakiness coming back.

I had to take my daughter to have an eye examination at the hospital after the optician found a swollen optic nerve. The hospital now want her to have a brain scan and its sent me backwards again as I'm now worrying about that and stupidly googled about it!

I can't go backwards, it's making me panic thinking about it as I need to be strong for my daughter! My mind is going into over drive once again! This year has been one thing after another!

If anyone can spare the time to help please with my overdriven mind, I don't know what to do.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

This a normal reaction to experience at this time! Keep taking your meds and pray to God to help you through this rough patch! I myself suffer from anxiety and it is a horrible! 
  • Posted

Hi Sue. so sorry you are feeling like this. To help you cope with the anxiety about your daughter's health, you need to strongly draw on your cbt practices.  as i still do currently with my chronic bowel condition, try to take one step at a time. that means disciplining yourself to not "what if, but, " & thinking the worst. just think what the next step is (the scan) & that it is out of you (& your daughter's) control until that scan is done & reported. only once that has happened can you then think about the next step forward (if any at all).  so you must try not to "catastrophise" about something that might or might not happen.  I know what i say is easier said than done sometimes, we all have bad days of anxiety even when on the whole it's well controlled.  but if you can discipline yourself to tunnel vision yourself into this way of thinking given an anxious situation put in front of you, it will help you to stay strong for you & your daughter. there are many things ti could be with the eye, but people automatically think the worst - DON'T GOOGLE SUE!!!.  You need to just put on hold until the scan is done & reported - you both can do nothing more until then - full stop. when you have the results - you take it from there - the now - the present time.  I hope this helps my love, be strong in your mind - you have done it before - you can override the anxiousness, i know you  can.   xxxxxxxxxxx

• Posted

Thanks loo loo, everything you say I will try and draw on as I'm hoping I'm just having a bad day!

It's so hard but will try and deal with the here and now, thanks Sue xxx

• Posted

Dear Susan

I hope everything will turn to be fine with your daughter. Whenever

I google something medical I end up in a panic and mostly worry

unnecessarily. Have you tried breathing exercises and guided

meditation to calm you down? You can find these things online and they

hahave helped so much . stay in touch and take a deep breath.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.