Could this be blood in stool or something i've ate?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Earlier today I had a BM which was normal colour but what looked like a string of red pepper on the movement? I took a picture of it gross I know. I had a chicken fajitas last night with quite abit of red peppers in and also had tomatoes earlier on in the day. Is it possible for it to show up bright red in my BM?

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Did they have skins on them? When I eat tomatos with skins, the skins don't digest and I tend to have red stripes of undigested food in my bowel movement.

• Posted

Yes.  Just keep an eye on your poop.  If there is blood in the water, then that may be cause for concern.
    • Posted

I'll just keep a eye on it. The more I look at what i ate and how i cut the peppers just makes me think it's that. And it wasn't liquid like more jelly on the movement

• Posted

If it's red blood it's usually just hemroids or something closer to the end of your colon. When it's pure black that you would have to worry a littlet. Even then it's usually due to pepto bismal if it's black, or something similar. Sounds like just undigested food to me. Of course if it doesn't get better you could have a doctor take a stool sample.

• Posted

I'll just keep a eye on it. The more I look at what i ate and how i cut the peppers just makes me think it's that. And it wasn't liquid like more jelly on the movement

• Posted

many "normal" people (by that i mean people without any digestive or bowel conditions) can't digest skins on tomatoes or peppers - particularly red peppers, so as long as you are sure it wasn't blood, i wouldn't worry about, but like someone else said, wouldn't hurt to keep any eye on your poop. i do have several bowel conditions & can't breakdown fibre or most veg.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.