Percocet side effects?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had my wisdom teeth out Monday, and got dry socket a couple of days ago. On Friday morning, I went back to the dentist, and they prescribed Norco. I only took 3, and then went back in Saturday morning. They switched me to Percocet, because the Norco was making me really nauseous. I took the first one around 9AM, and then another around 5PM, felt fine, didn't really experience any side effects other than the expected lightheadedness. A few hours later I started experiencing some itching on my face, and didn't think much of it, but I took another one at 11PM and the itching hasn't stopped. I read somewhere that itching was a common side effect and not that big of a deal, but then I read somewhere else that I should contact my doctor or seek immediate help if I experienced itching, so now I'm not sure what's going on. I'm still not experiencing any other side effects, except maybe a little bit of stomach pain on occasion, but I have IBS and I've been having mild stomach pains since I started taking pain medication on Monday after my surgery (plus they put me on antibiotics as well, so those are probably also messing with my stomach). I've also been taking some ibuprofen throghout the day, but I've been taking those for most of the week as well and had no reaction, so I figure it must be the Percocet. I just thought it was weird because I usually expect side effects to occur way sooner than this - isn't it kinda weird that I would have no side effects with the first pill and then start getting them a few hours after the second one? I'm just not sure what I should do.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Your takin quite a mixture and any one of those can aggravate your stomach on there own, the itching is quite a common side effect but if your worried make sure you go and see your doctor ASAP or phone the nhs helpline and they will surely be able to help. Good luck Hun I hope you feel better soon x
    • Posted

Ah thank you you Stacey iv just cut my last 2 together and going cold turkey, the tapering just got to much so I thought just d it and get it over with so I'm hoping in about a week I'll be pain meds free, slept for 12 hours which I normally get 4 but that's down to another member suggesting gabapentin which has no opiods in it but helps massively with withdrawals and I have to say they've worked brill, the support on here is fantastic in helping me through this so thank you again, how are you doing Hun xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.