Pain in ribs

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been struggling with mucus and have had 4 chest infections am currently on 4th lot of antibiotics I now have painfull ribs on both sides been to doctors have to go back next week any body have any suggestions how I can clear my chest as its playing hell with my asthma

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

what you don't want to do is try to make the coughing stop, coughing up is actually good for you. Stopping your cough could result in pneumonia you don't want to do that. If it gets any worse chat to your doctor again..but I did find that sucking on sweet hard candy does help my cough or throat from coughing so much. 

• Posted

Hi Google the natural remedies, there are a lot. I try a lot when I have chest infections, sometimes they do help. I know how you feel, sometimes I feel like I need a hole drilled in me to breath through when my coughing stops my breathing. Do you smoke? 
  • Posted

I have got Asthma and Copd,like you I have also had 4 lots of antibiotics and none of them have worked as Im still coughing all day.Only time I get some relief is going to bed an lay down.

The doctor gave me some capsules to take that help shift the mucus from chest.I don't know if I can say the name on here.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.