How to get rid of yellow color of eyes?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was diagnosed with Gilbert syndrome since 5 yrs. I feel sometimes embarrassing to do eye contact with someone who has white color. Everybody ask me what happened to your eyes? Why its yellow blah...blah ...blah... so please anyone has any idea to remove the eyes yellow color? Really need good tips , suggestions, idea. Thanks for advanced....

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

The yellow colour is of course due to the high bilirubin level in your blood.

Your doctors must find a way to reduce this bilirubin level which will require lots of testing to see exactly which type of bilirubin is your problem.

Diet makes a difference for some people and by removing ALL spices and herbs from my diet my bilirubin level came down to acceptable levels.

I would suggest you need to pressure your doctors into some serious tests first to determine the exact problems.

• Posted

Kwenda i know i have 6.2mg/dl bilirubin so i wants to reduce and i want only between 1.5 mg to 2.0 mg . How is it possible? I really need serious devise. Thanks
  • Posted

Hey avinahsh, i have rly suffered with this since i was a teenager and it was hard in my teen years ppl asking me whats wrong with my eyes and even until recently ppl still tend to ask me but i just make a joke of it thats its nothing. The way to rly lower the yellowness would be to eat small and frequent meals including healthy greens, lean meats, healthy grains. Avoid sugar and wheat. If you have GS syndrome i think you could lower it to not be rly visible. Unfortunately i suffer from GS bigger brother called crigler najar syndrometype 2 so the yellowness is very distinctive. I have finally made my gastroenterologist to prescribe .e with 30 mg phenobarbital which reduce billiribun by up too 30%. Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.