Sjorgen's Syndrome

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have a girlfriend with Sjorgen's. She has a lot of bruising on her arms, and her immune system hardly functions. She stays home. I visited her yesterday. She remains positive, because she has great faith in God. I'm not sure what diet she follows, and she does not use a computer. I actually found the original diagnosis over 20 years ago from her symptoms, because I had another friend with the same syndrome. Does anyone have any suggestions of a diet to help her? I saw the posting about the paleo. Because I suffer from polymyalgia, osteo, etc. I really watch what I eat. We are a lot older than you young girls. My friend is 69, and I am 72, working in a healthfood store part-time in Trail, BC, Canada. Any info you have would be appreciated.

?Sally86809

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I'm not young either and found the best diet for me is gluten free vegan. I've had sjogrens all my life.

• Posted

Paleo had been great for me. Although I don't always follow it strictly. You can even find a paleo diet tailored specifically to target autoimmune disease. I almost chose the vegan route, but you should know if you choose to go vegan you will need to take a supplement because you will lack a, nutrient that can only be derived through animal product. I think any diet that promotes a vegetable and fruit heavy diet and cuts back on processed foods will be a help to anyone with an autoimmune disease. For me the improvement took place within weeks, with my joint pain disappearing when I removed all sugar, wheat, corn, soy and dairy from my diet. I was amazed and felt better than I had in years. Best of luck with your search. There are many options out there. If you are able to see a naturopath, it's a great idea because they can help you figure out what is the best way for you and your girlfriend.

• Posted

I have celiacs,  gluten free, palio for me. "if it has a lable, don't eat it"  smile no sugar, no diary, noodles, no bread, no fun. but i feel better.  

• Posted

I have been diagnosied with SS for 22 years now, but think i have had it for at least another 13 years before the diagnosis, i am 53 now and was 31 when diagnosied  i follow the paleo diet , and know the older i get with SS the more diet is very important,  i experience less aches and pains being on the Paleo, diet  when i go off it, and say eat something i should not,  i feel like i have been hit by a bus the next day. i experinece brusing too, and all sorts of things from moving of my nerves constantly now all over my body now. pain behind my eyes like a burning,  bouts of phumonia that put in ICU for 11 days on life support, I do not have colds any more i have not for years, i experience aches and pains all day, and dry mouth eyes and nose, and fatique, but i keep  postive,and that has helped me through all of this because even on my worse day, it is still a good day above the ground, one thing has helped me is not taking any medication, but i can only speak for me here, no one else. in the long run i believe medication makes the SS worse. i hope some of this helps your friend cheers chrissy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.