svt

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am so confused.  I have had high bp for five years (now 61) family history.  About six weeks ago I was walking my dogs and got jaw pain.  Went to dr had blood tests, showed high colesterol so he told me to continue on my bp tablet, but also gave me asprin, betablocker and statin.  I had stress test which showed svt????? tomorrow I have angiograme.  I had no sypmtoms at all, except for a 15 min Jaw pain as mentioned above. When i looked up svt people seem to get lots of symptoms ie pain breathless etc /  Is it normal to be put on all this new medication before the angiogram shows whats wrong? 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Christine. Sorry you're having this trouble. It does seem unusual to be diagnosd with SVT for the symptoms you mentioned. The most common SVT symptom is an episode lasting up to about an hour (but sometimes only a few minutes) when the heartbeat rises almost inexplicably to somewhere between about 200 and 300 beats per minute.

It might be a good idea to clarify all of this with your GP or, ideally, a cardio. Maybe there will be someone threre during your angiogram than can discuss it with you? Let us know how you get on and good luck wink

• Posted

To be honest I really dont feel like i have any symptoms now, but im waiting for a stent!! dreading it
  • Posted

How high was your cholesterol? The aspirin and betablocker seem appropriate for now to me.  The aspirin will protect you from clots and the beta blocker may help with regulating the rhythm.  I'm not sure about the statin.  Hopefully you get answers soon.  Good luck.

• Posted

my cholesterol was 7 im now waiting for a stent, which im dreading because the angiogramme was not good, my artery went into spasm, so it was scary, 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.