bowel cancer fear

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have right lower right side pain for months, all gynae checks have been done. At its worse it causes pain down right leg & goes up to my back. I have Divaticular disease since 2005 but that pain is on left. The right pain is similar & eating affects it. I had colonoscopy about 18 months ago & polyps removed. I am terrified it is cancer. My Aunt passed away from bowel cancer. My Gp puts everything down to Divaticulitous. I'm going mad with worry.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Colleen

i understand your worry, most of us on this website have been through some trauma so you are not alone.

the only solution I can see is to insist with your GP that you have another colonoscopy, that's the only thing that's going to put your mind at rest re bowel cancer.

i am due to have my 2nd colonoscopy of the year in 3 weeks because I've had bowel cancer and have ulcerative colitis, therefore I'm prone to polyps which could be cancerous.

you need to get into a surveillance programme set up so you are checked regularly and the current pains are fixed.

good luck, thinking of you

• Posted

Thank you for replying, I have promised myself that I shall call my Gp surgery Friday & insist on having a colonoscopy, if I don't he will treating me for a mental disorder, its too much & so exhausting.

Thank you so very much.

• Posted

Hi Colleen

I was going to auggest sciatic nerve until you wrote that eating made it worse.

kind regards

judith

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.