Fibromendena breast lump

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

I'm 51 and found a breast lump . I always go to my mama grams and have lumpy breast my whole life. But I'm scared as I have been referred to get a mamagram and ultrasound because my gyno couldn't tell me what it was. She suspects fibromendena lump . But she would not tell me it wasn't not cancer which scares me. It's a weird firm lump which I can move with my fingers but it's large. I noticed pain during period but after pain went away it was still there. It's not a cyst. Wondering if anyone understands these types of lumps or has any advice how to calm down. Lost a sister to breast cancersad

Blessings everyone thanks

Teresa

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

If the lump is smooth and mobile it is probably a fibroadenoma as your gyno has suggested.  She cant tell you it isnt cancer because until she gets the result of the mamogram she doesnt know.    You must attend for the mammogram and ultrasound,so a proper diagnosis can be made. As you have a family history of breast cancer I understand how frightening this must be for you as I have been in the same position myself. Please try not to worry...it sounds as though you are in good hands. Big hug wherever you are.x
    • Posted

Thank you Marina Deesmile hugs right back at yousmile

It's movable but large, but I can't quite say it's completely smooth. Did you have one of these?

If you did any info would be appreciated.thanks for taking the time to reply !smile blessings

• Posted

No,I havent had a lump but because my mother died with breast cancer I always make sure I get my Mammograms done. I was called back 2 years ago as there were "changes",but after an ultrasound and being pummelled like a piece of dough I was proclaimed to be OK.   The ghastly feeling of doom  has never left me so I know how you feel. Just remember not all lumps are cancerous,in fact most aren't.  Another hug to wish you well.  Do you have the appt for your Mammo and ultrasound yet?

• Posted

I have not had this, I just want to send my support to you. I can imagine how scared you must be, especailly after loosing a sister to it. 

hugs,

Dee

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.