have I got kidney stones

Posted , 5 users are following.

Km Reay STRESSED ME I think I've got kidney stones I have chills in my back but I can pass urine easily I don't have pain in kidney but I have back does that mean I got stones. I'm very stressed

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

It's not easy to diagnose from this description of your symptoms so a quick trip to see the doctor seems to be in order and you can then get some better advice.

Don't delay, it's better to get treatment soon in case things get worse e.g. it might be an infection that antibiotics can quickly get to work on.

• Posted

Go to dr asap, only symptoms I had was back ache and then just outta blue one night groin pain that grew worse within hours
  • Posted

You need to tell a doctor what are your present symptoms and the doctor can run some tests.

The symptoms you describe could be one of a number of conditions and you will need more expert advice than you can get on this web site.

• Posted

You still might have stones as they can't often spot them very easily.

This is what happened to me.  I had an ultrasound and an x ray - nothing.  But the doc said I probably had a small stone, and I did.  I passed it about 2 months later.  I knew I was going to pas sit.  You can feel it coming.  Passing it is NOT painful (well it wasn't for me).  It's actaully  relief.  It's when it's stuck earlier on that it hurts.

Since then, I've had a 24 hour urine test to see what caused the 8mm oxalate stone.  The test came back normal.  No calcium in the urine. 

Since I had the stone, I've ben drinking more milk in my one coffee a day - as I'm told milk helps.  Maybe it has...but early days.

• Posted

I had backache on and off for few weeks, but didn't take to much notice as it was nothing new give my job role.

Then one night I woke up with excruciating groin pain and back ache.

Was taken in by ambulance to a&e and ct scan showed I had a 10mm stone lodged in the kidney.

Urine tests came back normal.

Go to gp if you suspect stones, the bigger they get the more painful they get.

Had worse 9 weeks of my life!!

3 lots of surgery and more bed rest then you could shake a stick at! rolleyes

• Posted

Believe me if you had kidney stones that were trying to pass you would know it immediately there is no mistaken the pain caused by stones

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.