Withdrawals

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi!! So I've been taking 25 mg of Amitryptyline for over a year now for migraine prevention. I am having a hard time waking up in the morning and feeling like I got hit by a truck. It's awful, but if I stop taking it I get the worst withdrawal symptoms which include nausea, throwing up, intense migraines, sensitivity to light and severe sweating. I want off this awful medication. Is there anything I can take to help with any of these symptoms? I have two young kids who constantly need my attention and I can't function without Amitryptyline. Please help 😭

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Have you tried weaning off bit by bit cutting the pill in half an then into tiny parts
    • Posted

I have! It didn't really work by cutting it in half since the pill is already so tiny 😔 It just cracked into 12 tiny tiny pieces!

• Posted

I use a pill cutter im on the same it does have side effects to me im not sure if im going to stay on it ive had it for almost 2 months
  • Posted

It takes time to come off amitriptoline, I know from experience.I now take 1 x10mg a night now.

I take it about 6.00 pm so that on a moring I feel ok.if I take it later I feel terrible untill about lunch time.

When I first started to come off them I asked my gp for 10 mg tablets instead of 20mg.

I cut the 10mg in half.

I have chosen to go back on to amitripoline because I get a full nights sleep and now wake up refreshed.

For me taking it early really helps,I take it to help with chronic pain

I would have a word with your gp.

• Posted

Im on 10mg right now im debating on coming off been on it almost 2 months but i have this weird burning sensation on my skin when i take more then 8 mg i have tn neuropathy its really painful i cant take more of the meds without getting more of this sensitive skin sensation
  • Posted

Hi I was giving 25 mg of Amitryptyline for depression I'm 26 yrs old that was a mistake I took it for about 2 1/2 weeks but I stop taking it because it start giving me this space feeling and its like my emotion that I normally have toward things is gone I'm off it now for around 3 week can someone help plz I'm really worried

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.