Just started Escitalopram day 7

Posted , 2 users are following.

I wake up in the morning feeling the worst. i feel nasua and really jittery. when does all these side effects leave and the medicine starts to kick in. I am a huge worry wart. Thought this medicine would stop the anxiety. Thanks Dave

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

and i am on 10 mg to start.
  • Posted

Hi i started on 5 now i'm on 15mg week4 and i feel much better now in the begining i felt the same but by time it will pass takes aroud 3 to 4 weeks.

Remember to go back to your doctor after 4 weeks for review. 

• Posted

just hard to work with this. He started me on 10 mg . i so worry wart like i said. i wonder if started on lower would helped me better
    • Posted

Don't worry wait for few weeks you will feel better but go to your dr after 4 weeks for review. 

• Posted

Hi Daka! 

When i had first started Cipralex, my Doctor told me that it would take around 2-4 weeks to feel something. No mean to worry you but in the mean time i felt increased anxiety, nausea, headaches, dizziness and blurred vision. These are all common side effects. You could wait  2 weeks and talk to your doctor again and see what they suggest. For me it took 4 weeks and i had to up it from 10mg to 15mg to see results. Remember there is always the ability to change your dosage and there are many different medications out there if this one doesn't work for you. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.