Doxazosin and Felodipine

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone use either Doxazosin or felodipine to control high blood pressure before? My GP just changed my med to Doxazosin and felodipine few months ago? Does above medication okay for blood pressure control?

Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi mayor60262...Felodipine I believe is a Calcium Channel blocker..much like Amlodipine. Doxazosin is an Alpha Blocker..Yes, both can be used to treat bp. 

I used to take Amlodipine, but don't anymore, but I do take 1mg Doxazosin each day along with other bp meds. 

You asked if the meds you're taking are ok for bp control. Did your doctor not explain 'why' he/she has prescribed this for you? 

• Posted

Those look kinda scarey, did you look them up? I had taken amlodopine which is a calcium blocker like felodipine - caused ringing in the ears, heart palpitations, didn't bring down my blood pressure - and caused some chest pain - in me.  As far as Doxazosin - it can cause swelling.

Do we know why your doctor is prescribing 2 different type blood pressure medications?

Please make sure you have a blood pressure machine and I would maybe take your bp perhaps twice a day to keep a good indication of how these meds are affecting you.

If they are not working as they should or have side effects, make sure to contact your doctor.

Personally, I take Lisiniprol HCTZ 10, 12.5 -works very fast and very well - in me, it is an ACE inhibitor and includes a dieuretic - this drug has been around forever and keeps my bp almost right at 120/80 all of the time so I am very happy with it.  My mom and dad took it most of their lives and my brother - and now me are on it.

Good luck smile  Believe in what you feel yourself and make sure you get a bp med that works for you smile

• Posted

xizziz...the medications mayor60262 is taking CAN be used for bp control. I know because I take Doxazosin for bp control, AND a Calcium Channel blocker such as what he's taking also is used to control bp.

Perhaps his dr. finds he needs the 2 medications. Remember, we are all different. Amlodipine can & does agree with some people,with in others, it doesn't.

• Posted

Hi 

has anyone experience anxiety on these tablets 

which i have now taken myself off them    

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.