Monster Cravings @ 7 tabs a day

Posted , 4 users are following.

Day one of only 7 tabs and fighting HARD! Almost bed time for another early start tomorrow and wanting very much to give in.  

VERY restless, headache hungry, not hungry. Thirsty but not thirsty???  Messed up at work.  Dizzy driving home! 

Is this just in my head or what?  Long, long day.  I thought it would get easier not harder... Ugh.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Your doing really well.

It is your mind playing tricks and you have to keep telling yourself that.

Try drinking tonic water during the day to combat the restlessness.

Dont give in

• Posted

I keep trying to tell myself its just in my head. Easy while at work cos I'm mega busy so no time to brood!

Its not even 6am yet so I don't wanna get too excited. Home time is the hardest. Thanks for the tonic water tip, I'll get some on the way home.

• Posted

Day two down and still going.  Morning was worse but not so bad now which is good cos I'm off to bed hopefully to sleep through the worst.

VERY tempted in the afternoon but knew I'd hate myself for being weak.  Here's hoping I'm writing a similar text tomorrow.

Best wishes to you all.  Willpower is the key.

• Posted

7 tabs of what exactly Shakey? Whatever, codeine withdrawal is a demon drug and your body (and mind) has to unlearn the journey that got you there. I was on 64 N+ daily, fessed up to my Dr who sent me immediately to hospital.

I had so much blood taken there was vampire interest. I had scans, ECG and strict orders to not leave unless every single test was within limits. After 2 1/2 years, bleeding at both ends, my addiction just did not seem to care.

7 or 70, it's all a matter of perspective as to how you feel in your self, but it does seem that whatever the quantity, addiction follows a similar pattern; 1,they occur in cycles, so the craving does go away - eventually.

They (whoever 'they' are) say that the craving for tobacco never goes away, but my belief (for me) is anything is possible, it just depends how much you want it. One day at a time. It does get better and you will find that you will be spending less and less time thinking about it, which of course, is the trigger.

Best of luck mate, there's tonnes of support out here.

Rich

• Posted

N+ is my demon (I get Panafen+ coz it's cheaper and I'm tight!) so glad I looked in today. Not feeling fantastic.

I unfortunately took a slide backwards... again...  First 9 next day 11 and today 12!  I went out this arvo and bought a bunch of veggies V8 juice, tonic water and coconut water.  Tomorrow I'm gonna hit 6 and stay there.  I hope...  Did yoga this morning and finally killed migraine.  I hate this poop. Always a reason in my head to take them.

This is so damn tough, I'm stressed over more upcoming surgery and know I have to be clean before it or I'll bleed out on the damn table.

Ive got a few days off so I'm gonna try to get down to 3 tabs before going back to work.  

Bless ss you Rich xx

• Posted

Shakey

​I was prescribed codeine for a dislocated shoulder three yars ago. A fw month later developed severe headaches and throbbing pain in my right eye, severe anxiety and depression, sweating buckets at night. No appetitie.

​Anyway to cut a long story short I saw a neurologist privately who said that all my signs and symptoms were due to codeine. I was only taking three to four aa WEEK.

​10 days after stopping the poisonous codeine the headaches stopped. So there you go.

• Posted

Hiya Icecool, I know when I finally get off this poop the codeine headaches will go too.  I've been going down the organic route to deal with my migraines along with regular yoga.  I know I'm nearing the pointy end of my journey, somehow I kidded myself into believing it would get easier, but it doesn't.  Mind games fighting over taking vs not taking ARGH!!!

The poison stops soon, I'm back down to 8 a day and set Friday to revisit 7.  I've got a few weeks to get to zero so come Tuesday next week, I'll be dropping 1 tab every 3-4 days until I'm clean.....

please, please, please 

• Posted

You can do it. You are motivated. Just think of being migraine free for good.

?\the mind games are the codeine doing it's best to get you to re poison yourself. Ignore these cries for more poison. Try to distract yourself when you feel like giving in. Think of the benefits such as NO MIGRAINES, no anxiety, depression, exhaustion, getting back to normal again. You know you can do it.i

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.