So needing to hear success stories please.

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi to anyone who has had anterior, posterior, vaginal repair and hysterectomy......this might sound strange but I desperately need to hear success stories as lately on the forum I am reading about failed ops.     Don't get me wrong, I feel really upset for those poor ladies.

However, I am truly worried and getting stressed out for concerns of a re-prolapse...and in fact am almost expecting it after reading about these ladies.   PLEASE has anyone had total success with just one op? 

I am just over 10 weeks and now feel fantastic down below, and the BMs are better than ever in many years ....going easily and soft with no struggle anymore.   I was assured that I had really good stitches inside and that nothing will fall out!

Post op pain has now all gone and I feel good except this expectation of failure.     

I would love love to hear good reports.....and how I wish Matron was back on the forum as she was so brilliant at assuring us all.

1 like, 37 replies

37 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I'm only 2 1/2 weeks post op but to me you sound like you're doing great and it was a success! Just be careful and don't lift or strain. I am also terrified of failure so I really can't help lol. I think in the forums we mostly hear of the bad stories because the successes have no reason really to post unfortunately

• Posted

Your probably right Stephen, anyone who gets through successfully 1st time is not looking for info as they probably had good post op advice and support.

I know I found this forum by chance just after 2nd repair and I am so glad I found it as it has kept me on the right path, matron's support and advice was so important and helped immensely. Also having all the other ladies offering support and their experiences was essential otherwise I know I would have rushed my progress and overdone things even though I knew I had pushed boundaries too much last time.

This forum kept me in check and so far at 8 months+ repairs are holding out and looking good.

I might be wrong but I strongly believe that most repairs fail because we do things we shouldn't be doing 1st time round. No one impresses on us the importance of doing nothing for 2 weeks and then only a little every day building up very slowly as we listen to our bodies, with the result that we did about as normal because we feel good and suffer later.

Phyl x

• Posted

It is good to know that this forum is such a help as it prepares me if I do get surgery.  I guess it must be hard to take things easy for mums with children as there is so much to do and difficult not to lift things, especially small children.  With my prolapse I have already been told not to lift things which is a concern for me as I have a one year old grandson in the uk who I will be seeing soon - so if I can't lift him I will feel that I'm not being very helpful! sad

• Posted

No exactly how you feel, my daughter was on maternity leave when I went through 1st repair she had baby and toddler, sometimes you lift them automatically without thinking , it is a reflex action when they are in danger.

She has three now (4,3and 2 year olds). I wish I could help more but I can't to very much . So frustrating!

X

• Posted

Completely agree about the forum. If I wasn't on here I would think I am all "better " now and would be doing to much. So glad I found you ladies!

• Posted

Ok after just stating how I'm going to work hard to follow the rules I had a big mess up sad We were out walking and my son is scared of dogs and a large dog came and I lifted him. Aprox 30lbs, and only for about a minute I didn't even think just responded. I'm so disappointed in myself! I hope I didn't ruin anything! 8 weeks post op. Augggg

• Posted

Most likely not but we can't help those reactions especially when it's our children

• Posted

It happens so easily Lynn! Hopefully all will still be fine. I accidently bore the weight of one of my grandsons during very early days post-op. The pain was awful. Thank goodness no permanent damage done!

X

• Posted

You sound like a success story Carole... seems  to be all going smoothly.  Don't worry and don't strain now as steph says.  You will be an inspiration for others. x

• Posted

I hear you on fearing reprolapsing. I think as long as your cautious with lifting and straining and have a strong pelvic floor from physio you'll be all good. I'm 8 weeks post and feeling great! I'm so glad I had the surgery and am going to do my best to follow guidelines and fingers crossed it lasts. Ill you can do it try your best and if something fails cross that bridge when it comes.

• Posted

Hi Carole, I havent had this op but I would like to share somehting immediately with you. Its is a scientific fact that our cells respond to our thoughts. And I am going to suggest to you very strongly, that you breathe, relax, and celebrate your success!! Choose to embrace the experience you are having. Its great! You are one of the lucky ones. It doesnt mean you dont care about those who are suffering. We all do and thats why we band together and support each other. But you are feeling out of pain and comfortable. Well done! Love your self and allow the healing to continue. Someone's done a fabulous job and your job now is to release the fear. Fear draws negativity to you just as joy does the opposite. Practise mentally sending light and positivity to your nether regions-its mind over matter and it works! Stop worrying, release it. Good luck !XXX

• Posted

Thankyou so much Kitty!   I do believe my surgeon has done a brilliant job and will concentrate thoughts on that.  She prays before scrubbing (no one is even allowed to talk to her at this time).  I also had people praying for me before the op for success.  My GP said my surgeon is a very good consultant, so I will think positively.      Thankyou again!    
    • Posted

Fantastic advice. I agree with everything you have said.now I will go away and practice exactly what you have said.x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.