Feeling Hot for no reason

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello everyone. I'll try to summarize the situation briefly.

I had a short airplane trip  2 weeks ago, and as i'm quite interested in aviation, i've booked a seat near window and was watching the outside from my left constantly like 15-20 minutes -maybe more-.

Just as we were airborne, i've felt a fever coming from my neck to the top of my head. As i'm already used to such anxiety symptoms, and i was like "yeah, it's my panic attack again, calm down". I inhaled deeply and slowly to relax myself. That condition/feeling lasted like 10 minutes at first, but did not disappear even after we've landed, spent the day, slept,returned to my home city and morever after a week. 

Thinking that something must be wrong, i visited a doctor for internal diseases. He has asked for a blood test to measure the sugar level of my blood and some other stuff, and he also wanted me to visit a neurologist as well.

According to the blood test, my postprandial sugar level was a little lower than the minimum reference values, also i was lacking folic acid relatively. He also demanded an USG to check my neck area to eliminate the possibility of a vein damage, came out clean.

Also the neurologist demanded for a MRI as he diagnosed that i've got a straightening of cervical spine. MRI result came out clean as well.

I was prescribed to use muscle relaxants -both oral and cream-, and folic acid.,

End of my story..

However; i'm still feeling that i'm hot during the day, mostly on my upper neck, ears and my face. It's not visible from outside, got no blood pressure problem and i've got a normal heat to touch -36,5-37 C at most- It seems to decrease or disappear from time to time, and increase for no reason. Here are some things;

1- I'm working on a quite stressful job, my psychologist friend told me that it's due to either lack of Folic Acid, or the anxiety/stress you undergo that you dont even realize you have. I also had a panic attack history, but do not use drugs for a long time.

2- I'm having neck and back pains for a long time -need to go fitness but can't spare any time-, neurologist told me that it may derive from the overly stressed muscles as well, but another doctor told me that even if there was a pressure to the nerves on the neck, it'd come out on MRI.

3- I've read somewhere that most interestingly IBS could occur such a thing as well. On a second thought, i'm having some gas since that time. Boweling habit is normal, but kinda gassy nowadays.

Sorry for such a long post, hope you read it all and enlighten me smile If "Neurological Disorders" is a wrong topic to discuss -as it was first to come up my mind smile - , would you please move that under the related one ?

Cheers, have healthy and long lives!

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

• Posted

Hi Slammer, I have had experience similar to what you describe. I started taking magnesium & B12.I can't give you the long story & explain well how this helps. If you read up on magnesium& B12 it might help you understand. I like B complex also.

I hope this proves helpful.

• Posted

My B12 level was around 200, actually below the median level, so was the D as well
    • Posted

Then I would definitely go for supplementing mag ,B & D . I take D in oil drops

• Posted

Hi slammer I'm no dr but as I read your post I picked up on your blood sugar level was low.  Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) can cause a lot of strange symptoms. I would get a glucose monitor & check the levels fasting in the morn & @ nite.  They're pretty cheap and why not.  Don't tnk you belong in neuro group. Did you have a Cbc? Complete blood count?  And of course panic attacks.  Our worst nightmare that comes back to haunt us when we   Least expect it.  Linda

• Posted

Hey Linda,

So, can someone else feel or see when i feel hot from outside ? I mean, people tell me that i've got a normal heat to touch. 

Also, what are the chances of occurence of a symptom of Low Sugar Level just as i was looking outside on the plane and all of a sudden, boom ? smile

• Posted

Could be a central nervous system disorder , it can mess with temperature control.

so stick with Neurologist .

I agree also on the sugar levels too.

It is of course possible that the confined space after ts you ..anxiety wise.

It's a interesting ' invisible ' condition .

For example when having a Cat scan with contrast ...this feeling is induced...and you are warned to expect it....so it's very real .

• Posted

So, can someone else feel or see when i feel hot from outside in such condition ? I mean, people tell me that i've got a normal heat to touch. 

• Posted

Hi slammer I don't think anyone can see anything unless you're pouring sweat down your face or your face gets real red.  Why don't you ask a friend you know when it's happening to tell you.  There's something with high altitudes & Pv. It affects it.  What are your platelets and hematocrit?  Linda

• Posted

My complete blood count was made and all of the other values you mention were quite qood expect the TSH value -which was a little lower than the normal but between the reference levels and might be a sign of hypertiroidsm- thats why my doc demanded for a USG and came out clean somehow.

And for the hypoglycemia; i notice that it (hot sensation) doesn't have anything to do with being hungry or fed. And for the last 2-3 days, my hands & feet feel kinda cold, maybe thats the reason i actually feel myself hot, i don't know sad

• Posted

Hi slammer interesting!  Now with the TSH you're talking thyroid problems.  Hyperthyroidism (too much thyroid hormone) causes moist skin and increased sweat sensitivity to light plus about 15 more symptoms.  Hypothyroidism (too little thyroid hormone) causes intolerance to cold, slow pulse, confusion, plus about 15 other symptoms.  I think you're on the right track.  You would probably need a TSH uptake test to see what's going on. Not sounding like Pv.  That's a good thing.  Keep us posted.  

• Posted

Hey Zapamania,

At first i thought it was due to Hyperthyroidism, but this hot sensation however just is for me, i mean -as i've already told-, my body heat is quite normal -37 degrees Celcius-, and i've got a quite normal heat to touch, and most important, even when i feel i'm burning, i do not sweat even a drop at all.. Good Lord, what the hell is this !!

And what did you mean by Pv ?

• Posted

Hi slammer your problem is a real mindbender.  It's like your thermostat is broken.  It is quite mysterious something I've never heard of.  The best I could figure is an endocrinologist.  Let me no when you figure it out. I'm extremely interested.  Linda

• Posted

Hey again,

I guess it's due to a stuck nerve or something in my back or neck, as i've got a constant left shoulder muscle pain like 4-5 days. It's like, something big and heavy hit it and dislodged it. I feel that it's as hard as a rock and does not relax no matter what i do (exercise, muscle relaxant both cream and pill)

Even though my MRI scan was clear (as per my Neurologist says), i guess something is still wrong out there. Most probably there's a pressure or something to the nerves, which doesn't let my muscle relax and also heats me up.

I'll visit a Physician as well with my results..

• Posted

I also feel that there are some cracking noises when i move my head to the sides fully, also in my upper arms.
    • Posted

Hi slammer I had that cracking noise in my neck years ago.  Turned out to be vertebre in my neck was misaligned.  Also some arthritis present.  Maybe you need to see an orthopedic dr.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.