SVT - Cather ablation advice

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone,

So I met with my cardiologist yesterday and he has advised I have the ablation only due to the fact of how I am currently putting my life on hold (too scared to do anything) and not because I actually need it. I am 23 and feel like I am missing out in life as I'm too scared to drink/eat things I shouldn't..

He said my SVT is probably going to take an hour to ablate and should be straightforward. Can anyone please describe to me how this procedure works from start to finish as I really need some positive feedback to sway my mind to go through with this.

Thank you!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Hannah,

Did I understand correctly...your surgeon is willing to perform surgery even though you do not need surgery, willing to do surgery just because you want surgery??

kind regards

judith

• Posted

Hi

Well obviously everyone with SVT should have the ablation if it is affecting their life surely. My surgeon said it is my choice I can live with SVT and be miserable or have the ablataion and live my life as a 23 year old again

• Posted

Hi Hannah,

have the ablation, living with abnormal heart rythems is a nightmare. You are so young to have your life limited by SVTs. I have an internal defib due to VT and take amiodarone, which is a powerful drug with serious side effects. I would prefer an ablation but my heart wall is too thin so I can't have one. This is probably not really helping you but I just wanted to offer my support. Good luck, live your life to the max. 

Glynis xx

• Posted

Hi Glynis

Thank you for your support. I hope they can find something to help you! It is such a horrible thing isn't it sad xx

• Posted

It sure is Hannah, lets us know how you get on with the ablation. ???💕

• Posted

Hi Hannah

Then you have quite a choice to make...if a surgeon could assure me that the outcome would enrich my life with minimal risk...if I were 23 I would consider all of those years ahead of me....I do have one question for your surgeon...if you face a pregnancy, what are the pros and the cons of surgery versus no surgery.

You sound like a young lady wise beyond your years,

May the Goid Lord bless you with the wisdon to make this choice.,,

kind regards

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.