Severe uti

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, i have had a severe uti and was in hospital with it two weeks ago for 4 days, i discharged myself after 4 days. Silly i no, i was put on strong painkillers and 3 different type of antibotics that seemed to of done the trick. I had sudden urges to urinate, burning, severe pain after, muscle spasms, the pain was like labour after urinate but did pass until the next wee, the last 48 hrs im getting sudden urges and thankfully no pain etc and now got funny sensation in lower back n legs wen walk feel like they are gona give way, wen i was in hosp they took swabs but dont no the results. Could the urges, sensation in back and legs be connection? Thanks for yr help

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hey Kay,

Sorry this has happened to you,

I got blood test and urine test done, and came back negitive uti but positive chlamedia ( gross I know ) ?but it is the most common sti as it's just Bacteria which is what causes uti infections.. lower back pain I also had.

As shocked and horrified I was at the results it was also a relief, it exsplained the reacurring uti and one pill and it's gone.

Hope your feeling better xx

• Posted

hi why were you admitted was it in your kidneys x
    • Posted

I think i passed a kidney stone the day before i was admitted the day, wen i was admitted they put me in the mri n kidneys seemed fine,had a scan but wasnt clear as couldnt hold water for long but did notice my womb was tilted, the antibotics i had seemed to be good but feel like its coming back x
    • Posted

Hi Kay, do you know what antibiotics they gave you?  3 seems to be a pretty  strong cocktail. 

Did you carry on taking them after you left the hospital?  Maybe you didn't take them for long enough.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.