Frustrating with new life

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi! Well I got very sick in May by June 1 I had one surgery to try to save my colon and life. But it didn't work so another surgery June 6. So I have an ostomsy bag.

I have been having a hard time with the bags making my skin raw. On third bag type, so far so good. I had a sore last week and I hope it doesn't happen again.

I was having major leaks with the other bags and so far no leaks with.

I can't work yet. I don't have my strength back yet. On blood thinners do to blood clots.

Probably on the wrong forum but how do you get your life back?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Lori

I've never had issues such as yours but I would look into 'support groups' for others who have had similar procedures. Good luck to you!

• Posted

Sad to hear about your struggles.  I have not had surgical issues to recover from, but have spent the last 14+ years recovering from a traumatic brain injury.

And I worked as an RN for over 20 years.

My suggestion is to start by looking for groups to help with issues that can be directly related to finding practical solutions with living with an ostomy .... to deal with specific issues related to an ostomy.

And perhaps there are support groups that can identify with you that may be found by looking for the issue that caused the ostomy to be a solution, whether it be ulcerative colitis or cancer.

Best of everything.  Life can be cruel, but I have found hope for myself after a lllooooooong time.

• Posted

Lucky fir me it wasn't cancer. It was a illness that turned into a disease.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.