Is this sinusitis?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Trying to make a long story short...I am taking antibiotics for a prostate issue and about a week into the meds I started getting headaches and head pressure. I dont think the headaches are related to the antibiotics, never had issues like this before when on meds. Now my ears crackle and pop when I move my jaw. If I hold my nose and blow, both my ears pop. Its been at least 4 weeks now. The pain and pressure is mild like 2 of 10 but its constant. I dont have a cold or mucus discharge. Decongestants help a little, but haven't cured it. I have no idea why I have this sinus pressure, what could it be? Need advice?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

mdrapps.

It appears you may be allergic to the antibiotic treatment.

It may help you to take one 1000mg Evening Primrose Capsule each day, as this will desensitise the nervous system.

Perhaps a change in the antibiotic could also remove the problem.

I flind Ceremol Ear Drops useful for ear problems. A few drops in each ear every few days while the problem continues should keep them clear of any infection.

I hope you find this information helpful.

Regards Ray

• Posted

I have switched antibiotîcs and even stopped for a week, but sinus head issues still there. Would an MRI show sinusitis?

• Posted

Hi mdrapps

I had all your symptoms but had sinus surg yesturday as nothing else worked I am still getting clicking sound if I turn head like popping I can hear through ears I had no discharge just felt blocked right side more than left my right ear still feels dull I hope and pray that will go but the surgeon didn't tell me how it went just bleeding a lot out of nose still so not sure when to rinse

Anyway yes it does sound like a sinus issue to me

Have you tried sprays saline rinses though nose to see but as I said my no discharge came out my nose was bone dry inside

Hope you find out see your GP they can ref you to ENT

Good luck x

• Posted

Yes MRI shows more than CT

I had CT first then had MRI

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.