acid reflux and barretts

Posted , 6 users are following.

hello everyone out there ive been suffering with acid refux and barrets for over 9yrs now and have been told to have the opperation were they rap your stomach round its self , sorry not for me, but have noticed the linx opperation has anyone got feedback cheers

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi I had this operation done last oct and I now have more problems because of it I am now demanding it be reversed don't have the operation

• Posted

I too had the Nisses Fundaplocation done two years go.  LOTS of problems.  14 days ago I had it reversed and i must say i'm WONDERFUL!!!!  I cn eat anything I wish, swallow wihtout difficulty and overall am in heaven.  I feel somuch better and can't praisse my surgeon enough.  Turns out the wrap had sllipped up and was not allowing me to swallow and move good along.  There was a lot of scar tissue and a hietal hernia which he fixed without doing another wrap.  If you are having trouble, REVERSE it.  I highly recommend it.  I'm 100 percent better.  They did put in a feeding tube just in case I was not and I have NOT had to use it, it may be a bother for three weeks, but I can live with it, as long as I contiue to feel this good and eat what I want.  THe tube was just a precautionary measure, just in case.  Again, don't wait have it reversed.

• Posted

Hi could I ask where you had it reversed and the name of your surgeon pls
  • Posted

Are you taking PPI's daily? Are they helping you?

• Posted

I am ppi and not making an difference apart from really bad stomach craps and diarrhoea every morning the Nissan fundoplication has caused a lump in the left hand side of my throats had it for a year also a sore throats and trouble breathing and stomach swells to the point of not been able to put my own socks on
    • Posted

I have a simillar condition, and my ppi's help me tremendously, I also have barrett's, oeshophagitis, constant heartburn, gastritis... My doctors told me that Nissan is not an option. 

I hope that you will somehow resolve your things.

• Posted

Hi Byron not heard of that procedure. I too have contemplated this operation but feel it could leave me with more problems. I am trying to stay positive and not let the discomfort take over my life. Take the meds knowing that us Barrett's patients will get regular check ups and not worry as STRESS is a real issue with aggravating the reflux.

Jackie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.