What is wrong with my eyes?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Last year I took sleeping pills for a month then one day I woke up with a hangover (from the sleeping pills not alcohol), I was fatigued, lightheaded, dizzy, and my eyes felt tired. Since then I have not been able to recover from that hangover and to this day I get eye pain and headaches regularly especially on only one side of my head. I used to smoke weed all the time and drink alcohol on occasion but ever since that day I can no longer tolerate it, whenever I use either the feeling in my eyes is exacerbated. I have done various tests and to this day none of the doctors that have seen me know what it is. Some have said it maybe due to anxiety, I went and exercised for a while and stayed clean but my eyes just don't get better, not even a little bit. I think I may be suffering from a form of migraine, I just don't know. Anyway thank you for reading and taking the time to answer my question. 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Dry eye maybe,doesnt sound like anything that would cause a lasting eye problem.
  • Posted

Possibly due to dry eyes which must be treated . I wiuld see an eye dr at the local eye hospital.Have you been taking any other medications at all?
  • Posted

When was the last time you had your eyes tested by an optician? May be simple but constant eye strain.
    • Posted

I actually went to see an eye doctor a couple of months back and she said she noticed my eyes were drying up faster than they normally should, maybe the other users who said I may have dry eye is correct. 
    • Posted

Hi Just seen your reply.

My ophthalmoligist prescribed a cream to be instilled at night. Then he removed the concretions from my eyes . These measures improved my quality of life which was at a low level due to the constant irritation, soreness and headaches.

​If the dr you saw did not prescribe any treatment then I would strongly advise you to go to an eye hospital where they have an emergency eye clinic. A and E are not really adapted to deal with dry eyes and will only tell you to see your GP.Are u based in the UK?

​There are several eye hospitals but I do not know which is the nearest to you.

• Posted

Yes,it could be dry eye but when was the last time you had your eyes tested to see if you need glasses for reading or driving? Looking at a screen can give dry eyes. People forget to blink.        .  
  • Posted

I have sent you a link to dry eyes and concretions of the eyes , NH choices, dry eyes nust not be ignored. You really do need to see an ophthaalmologist. Your signs and symptoms are troublesome interfring with your quality of life.It is treatable . Take care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.