Moving forwards with tapering

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi folks'

just  a quick update, I'm back down to 8 tabs a day. Crazy healthy diet to boot!  I'm drinking lots of Kale and green veggie juice, coconut water, tonic water, watermelon and mint juice. Eating heaps of fresh veggies and fruit and I hafta say, it makes the journey soo much easier because I'm concentrating more on being healthy than cravings.

PLUS, ive cut down on the cigs too ( under 10 a day instead of 25+) 

Distraction is an amazing tool.

Keeping up the good fight, I can't wait to say I beat it!!!

Hugs all round, Shakey

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Shakey Brilliant! Well done!

• Posted

Cheers! Thanks ice cool, I only had 5 yesterday with 3 cold tabs which have codeine but less than the N+ and no ibuprofen.  Knees are killing me but they were stuffed anyway. I'm just able to feel more now so if I dislocate my knee again, I'm guessing I won't be walking/hobling around on it for half a day before realising!

Cheers again, shake

• Posted

Hi shakey

​Keep going with the tapering. The opiates lower your pain threshold so ignore the pain if you see what I mean, the body is crying out for more poison. Its a psychological dependence so  Ignore it. Try rubbing or spraying magnesium ooil into painful joinyts and muscles. You may consider buying and taking magnesium and vitamin D3 to reduce the pain and cramps.

​What happened about your knees. You dislocated them!

Sounds awful.

Try a support bandage for your nees or elevate them .

• Posted

Hiya ice cool,

I fell down my back steps ( all 3 of them!) lets just say I did NOT land gracefully!!!!

Took a chunk out of one knee and only went to doc to scrub out the dirt coz I was too much of a wimp to do it myself.  Told him my left knee really hurt but it looked okay... No chunks of meat missing so it must be fine right?

NOPE!  He couldn't believe I didn't know and I hafta say that looking back at the picks I can't believe I didn't either.  I definitely felt it going back in and still get totally amazed at how big it got afterwords.  It seriously looked like I had a big basketball for a knee.

The bruising was just insane,  I wear knee braces when they are really bad but for the most part I just get on with it and try to be tough.  And yes, I elevate them every chance I get though now we're in summer, it's not so bad.

Take it easy, shake.

PS, still on 8, working towards 7 in another few days.  I don't wanna rush it this time and end up going backwards again.

• Posted

Hi Shakey, So so so pleased to hear how well you are doing and how far you have come. I've not been on here for a while and was curious how everyone was doing. Its been 19 days codeine free npow and i feel alot better for it although i do still get restless legs every now and then and i have pain i never knew i had before as codeine was hiding it but having tapered down and quit i feel 100% better in myself no more feeling depressed as that passed very quickly. I am alot better off finacially for quitting and i do not miss the stares from pharmacy staff.

I wont lie i do still sit there and think to myself i would love to just feel that buzzz again that only codeine can give you but it is a small craving and it does pass i just have to take my mind of it. I am never touching the alwful stuff again.

Well done for getting as far as you have i am sure you will achieve your end goal and that you to will feel far better for it. Keep up the hard work and stay strong. Tx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.