Upping dose from 100mg??

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been on 100mg sertraline for 3 weeks after being on 50mg and them making no difference. Well 100mgs are still making no difference, can you go higher than that? As 100mg already seems a lot? And why is it not making a difference to me?😢

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

It takes 4-6 weeks for the medication to level out.

Like a see-saw trying to find the correct balance.

Stick with it.

And take a weekly view of how you feel.

Rather than a daily one.

Try to get plenty exercise too, that helps.

And keep a mood diary to plot progress.

Good luck,

C smile

• Posted

Im currently having this problem too sad

Started at 25mg for a week

Upped to 50mg for a week

On day 10 currently of 100mg.

I seemed to be ok for the first 2 weeks but the past 10 times have been horrific.

Hope you start to feel better and get it sorted x

• Posted

In what way have you felt horrific on 100mg Emma? I was on 50mg, first 4 days were the worst. Ive been on 100mg now for 6 days been fine but just got over terrible cramps and nausea and wondered if it was my meds or a bug.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.