TKR good news 😀😀😀

Posted , 6 users are following.

Good morning everyone

Just a update 2 give you new knee replacement guys some positive thoughts I am nearly 57 years old had tkr 10 wks ago today , had lots of sleepless nights different pain and feelings both mentally and physically pushed myself harder than ever increasing ROM riding my exercise bike after day 2 very painful ( grown men shouldn't cry ) did massage 2 break down scar tissue, came on leaps and bounds after 6 wks , just returned from 7 day holiday in

Dubai spent lot of time in the sea , which apparently is good as the salt draws the impurities out , went to the F2

@ Abu Dhabi waked 8 miles including walking steps in the grandstand, hardly any swelling, now back in the cold uk

Nearly forgetting I've got a new knee 😀😀

Sorry to go on but to summarise dark days in the beginning but stay focused ice every 2 hrs and do your rom exercises very very early I wish you all good luck and a very happy Christmas ????🌲🌲🎄🎄

Rob

2 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Nice one Robert.

Well done, it's great to hear a positive story.

I had similar experience, not as quick but basically the same.

Watched the Grand Prix on Sunday, Abu Dhabi looked amazing. Stopped there many many years ago, it was basically an airport in the desert, amazing what oil/ money can do.

Knee still good here Thank God. Minus 2 degrees this morning and so far so good.

Stay Well,

Alan

• Posted

Good morning Buddy

F1 not f2 🙈🙈 it is cold but so good 2 have positive thoughts didn't mention I've had 2 heart attacks courtesy of motorsport 🏁🏁 hey ho take care fellow which part of that wonderful country from?

Rob

• Posted

County Wicklow. Beautiful known as the Garden of Ireland. Google Glendalough; Powerscourt; Brittany Bay; Wicklow Gaol (Jail). Great beaches, mountains and steeped in history.

I watched F1 on Sunday, it was super. The will to win fascinates me.

Love to go an F1 race, I was told some years back that Barcelona is easiest and least expensive to go to?

Hope your knee keeps improving as fast as Lewis or should I say Rosberg !!

• Posted

Brittas Bay not Brittany, sorry
  • Posted

Congratulations on all your successes!🙌😊😁🙌

Oh, yes! Finally seeing that light at the end of the LONG HEALING process comes with much joy and gratitude!

The early days...

Challenging, frustrating, two steps ahead and three steps back, swelling...It just goes on and on!

Progress feels SO GOOD!

Thanks for sharing your good fortune that came for you!😊

Getting your life back again sure is a GREAT Christmas present!🎄

• Posted

Well Done Cheryl. Delighted for you.👏👏👏👏

Roll on Christmas.

Take care,

Alan

• Posted

Hi that's very positive I am 6 weeks and was beginning to lose faith with many sleepless nights and pain of everykind so it's great to hear some positive news on this forum

Jan

• Posted

Love to hear all your good endurance news post TKR. Good for you and I can't wait. I'm just having a little trouble getting exercise started. 13 days post op TKR.  

• Posted

Hi Susan,

Just keep trying at your own pace. When I stared I couldn't lift my leg off the bed, not a budge, not 1 mm. I found it really frustrating then about 9/10 day it moved a couple of millimetres, was really sore at first. Within about another 5 or 6 days I was lifting the recommended 6 inches or so and holding for 6 seconds.

It will come just come trying.

I'm 7 months Post Op now and all is great.

Good luck,

Alan

• Posted

Thank you Irish. It is very encouraging to have this reply. I will keep going. I want to walk normal!  It's my second in two years. 

Sue

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.