28 and being tested for oral cancer??

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi am 28 years old and went to my gp with an ulcer on my gum and now been referred to emergency head and neck cancer clinic few days later. It's not an ulcer because it doesn't hurt at all and has been there for at least a year but my gp was concerned. I have been a heavy smoker and drinker since the age of 13.am currently on anti craving medication which seems to be working. I have two young children am praying I don't have oral cancer

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I understand your fears. Has it changed at all in last 12 months?
  • Posted

I think it has changed in colour but not size
    • Posted

If it's any reassurance, my friend had oral cancer and came through just fine. Absolutely understand your worry though and really hope things work out for the best. I think the worry is magnified when you're a mum...I'd be exactly the same.

Wishing you all the best

Rachel x

• Posted

Thank you so much Rachel for your comments. Am praying it's nothing just bad skin or something but it looks like a Timor on my gum. It's only small so hopefully just the start of something. My uncle who was an alcoholic found a similar mark on his gum and had stage 2 oral cancer but he kept on drinking a litre of vodka a day and smoking so no cure for him xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.