Self inflicted

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all

Just returned from an all inclusive holiday in Malta, excellent holiday

7 restraunts good food,but unfortunately it upset my levels, I had a venesection

On Monday and results showed ferritin when up 242 and iron rose too

On this extraction???? As title says self inflicted so I have to accept the

Consequences, this holiday has added at least another 4 venesections, on top

Of the others I will need to get it down from 672.

So with Christmas nearly upon us it up to us to be careful what we put

Into our bodies, if like me you don't want raised levels????

Cheers

Philx

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

How much of that holiday eating was sweet foods, i.e desserts, icecreams, and starches, i.e. breads, potatoes, pastries, pasta, rice, etc.?

If we don't run marathons, it stores as fat in liver, creating more ferritin.

While in France, we could not go past the partisseries.  We did avoid the breads, pasta, potatoes, but just not the partisseries!  But we did a hell of a lot of walking, and manual turning of lock wheels and running from one end of the lock to the other while cruising on the Charente, so I think we neutralised it.

Hmmm, Christmas is another thing!

• Posted

Hi Sheryl

Like you we walked a minimum of 3 miles each day,some day's

5 to 6 miles this included a very very steep hill, plus the miles I walked

Back and forwards to get my food (ha ha)

I have a sweet tooth and when it's in front of you ,it has to be done

Desserts were amazing?? At home I have conditioned myself not

To buy bad things,but when it was staring me in the face,I stood no

Chance,

This is the trouble with Christmas, people always go overboard with

Food,all things bad for us, but nobody opens our mouth and forces

The food in,so like me I have to accept the consequences???

Cheers

Philx

• Posted

Running - well my husband said it was a shuffle not a run, even though it felt like I was going fast and I was expending a lot of energy!
  • Posted

i know all too well what youre saying. but its not worth the consequence. be smart about what you eat and drink. im flying back for christmas and all my friends are going to want to party like its the end of the world. just have to say no.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.