Delayed intervention in frozen shoulder

Posted , 3 users are following.

HI

My shoulders are now at frozen stage just pain at night lying down and turning over. Unfortunately I should have started physio 4 weeks ago but I've had a brain haemorrhage so everything was stopped. My surgeon was ready to operate but my pain wasn't under control so I think they were going to try and get me in a hydrotherapy pool to see if they could get the shoulders moving. I see surgeon next month but don't know what's going to happen as I couldn't have physio. Really hoping now my pain is under control he will operate and release capsule especially in my left shoulder as I have no rom at all my right I do have rom but not great. Anyone else had treatment delayed please

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I would apply a heating pad to loosen the muscles and the help reduce the pain

I am so sorry for all you have been through.

In the USA physical therapists will come to your home.

I have one currently loosening my elbow capsule.

• Posted

Hi Wall1409:

You'll find lots of opinions on this forum. Quite a few of us have opted to let FS run its course with little or no treatment at all, other than doctor's care for pain control and sometimes gentle physio.

Others have opted for various surgeries and/or intensive physio. Many of us agree that physio during the frozen stage is a waste of money & time.

Physio or stretches/excercises concurrent with thawing often helps, and physio with anti-imflammatories very early on may help thwart FS. 

You have enough stressors in your life now already, so I don't think you need to include feeling bad about delayed treatment.  It could well work in your favour.

All the best as you get through this. FS does have an end!

Liane.

• Posted

Thank you so much for your kind words. I think your right delaying treatment may well work in my favour. I know the physiotherapist I seen had the same thoughts. She told me to concentrate on getting better. I have only been out of the house twice since it happened and that was only for hospital appointments. I have a very long road ahead of me. My shoulders are starting to ache more now on laying down as my body's numb feeling from the haemorrhage is wearing off.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.