Sakes on sertraline

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hiya ,

Ive been in sertraline three days now and alomg with all the horrible side effects ive been having shaking is the worst has anyone got any tips on how to make this stop ? Or has anyones doctor given them any medication for the shakes ?

Thanks xxx

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hello,

Sorry you are feeling this way. The shake's sound a lot like anxiety. I have days were I am shaking all day. Propranolol helps calm me down physically.

Just curious as to what side effects you have had so far? Really need to start these soon but worried I will be out of it for Christmas / New years. Fluoxetine caused me to have a month work off sick with side effects rolleyes

Hope it works for you smile

• Posted

Hi, ive had a constant sick feeling , and sever headaches / migranies xx

• Posted

Shakes is a normal side affect of sertraline , it will pass, make sure u eat before you take the mess.
    • Posted

It says on the packet that you can, but this made my shakes worse. If u can't stomach good try and have porridge or ready break. Then have mess. Xx

• Posted

Hello Fleue have you been put on Sertraline for anxiety or depression. If it anxiety that is a symptom in itself. I was prescribed sertraline for anxiety and I did get shaky hands and was almost trembling all the time. This is a symptom of anxiety and not just of sertraline, however you do get a little worse before you get better, you have to give it time to kick in. Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.