Fatigue?

Posted , 9 users are following.

I know that fatigue comes with RA and I have had fatigue associated with mine. But in the last 3 weeks I have been way more fatigued than usual. When I wake up in the morning I take my daughter to school come home eat breakfast then sleep till 1130 get ready for work work 1 to 530 come home fix dinner shower and bath for her and me then in bed my 9. This is my routine for the last 3 weeks and still tired all the time. Any ideas on why the fatigue is getting worse? TIA

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Fatigue increases when RA flares.

Have you noticed any other issues.

Winter and barometric pressures lows and drops are particularly difficult foam just like you at the moment, very tired.😃

• Posted

Something hurts every day, including the carpal tunnel I have in my left hand and my neck that is showing some deterioration.
    • Posted

I wish I could say I don't hurt everyday but it is just not true.  My body hurtss from head to toe.  Mostly in my legs, and my wrists and hands.  The colder it gets the worse it gets.  It is just depressing and I don't like feeling like that

• Posted

warmth is the best defense...I purchased an electric mattress pad. On top of it I put a 3 inch memory foam topper. On top of that a high quality bamboo topper. I run the electric pad on 1-2 during the summer and higher as cold weather sets in. This goes a long way towards reducing morning stiffness. I keep mine turned on all day...do not even notice a difference in the electric bill.
    • Posted

Yes my legs hurt too, but it's because of bad veins. I am having vein surgery in my left leg Jan 9 and my right leg Jan 16. Hopefully this helps

• Posted

Has your medication changed?
    • Posted

No I was diagnosed 8 months ago. Started out on diclofanac and mtx, I couldn't handle the mtx so it was changed 4 months ago to luflunomid. It's easier on my stomach but u don't notice a difference at all. If anything I feel worse being tired all the time.

• Posted

Rebecca,  I have not posted here in a while but when I saw the topic Fatigue I had to come and read.  I find myself tired all the time.  Was diagnosed with RA a couple of years ago and it is not much fun.  My sleep pattern is one of the worst parts about all of this.  I am lucky I do not have a little one depending on me to get them to and from school.  My sleep is somewhat similar to yours.  I am asleep by 9 get up at 12:00 am up for about an hour trying to relax myself enough to go back to sleep then up again at 3:00 and here it is 3:30 and I am awake.  Having some cereal then around 4:30 or so I will go back to sleep and sleep off and on the rest of the day.  This has been going on  for a long time and it is starting to get the best of me.  I do not like being so tired all the time.  It is just nice to know I am not the only one who has this issue.  I will be following this post to see if anyone has any good thought or ideas,  Thanks again.
    • Posted

JRA and I have been best buddies for 54 long trying years.

I was 11, 65 currently.

Tired is part of the disease.

You must be followed by a rheumatoligist.

You must be o medication, preferably DMADs, disease modifyng anti rheumatic drugs.

No reason for soeone today to suffer what I have.

When I was young, we had aspirin, aspirn, and more aspirin.

Young physicians just look at me when I share some of what was tried.

I am on rituximab infusions, have been for almost 6 years.

hugs

• Posted

Thanks I do see a rumatologist on a regular basis.  I am currently on Orencia infusions. Methotrexate, Cymbalta and whole bunch of other stuff.  Sometimes I think my medication is to much.
    • Posted

I see my rheumatologist every 6 weeks, I go to see him again in 2 weeks. I am on luflunomide and diclofanac. For now. I see a med change in my near future.
    • Posted

I got up at 1030 was supposed to be 9. The only reason I got up then was because I had to so I would have time to shower before a good friend of mines funeral. sad It's been a rough day for me.

• Posted

Hi Michelle, I used to have a bad sleep pattern due to pain etc. My rheumy put me on Endep (Amyltriptiline) and also Palexia. The Palexia are very strong and although I sleep very deeply it takes me ages to wake up and I feel heavy headed like ive been drugged so I dont take them very often. The Endep however allow me to sleep through the night and I wake (almost) refreshed.Speak to your Rheumatologist for the best solution for you as lack of sleep is not good.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.