Please help with info regarding svt

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi my daughter is 2.5weeks old, my wife took her to hospital because of short breathes and no feeding, an attack of svt took place with 275beats, ice was applied, worked first time, second time didn't work, heart stopped and cpr was done for an hour, was told she didn't make it then minutes later heart started beating again, can anyone give me info as to why so many people said it was not life threading yet my daughter is in intensive care fighting for her life

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I can't be of much help, but perhaps there is something more then SVT's going on here?  Also, I have read that most people start getting SVT's in their early teens, so perhaps the SVT's are caused by Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome which causes SVT's but it is usually seen earlier in life.  Now I'm not to knowledgable on SVT's, even though I Have them, but I remember reading about the Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome.  I also, remember reading that Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome has a slight chance of being life threatning. 

• Posted

Thank you very much, she does have svt and not the wolf sydndrome..the doctors injected her with to much fluid and that's what caused the bigger problem..they flooded her lungs which affect her breathing

• Posted

Sorry to hear about your daughter.  Being so tiny it is obviously a different scenario for her and probably more going on that just SVT.  Her heart is so tiny and new.

Perhaps as you suggest the fluid the Drs gave her caused and even greater burden to her heart and when she went into SVT the second time it couldn't cope with pumping it around at such a fast rate.

Please keep us updated on how she's doing.  I'm so sorry for what you're going through.

• Posted

Thank you very much for your suppports and replies, god bless u all and hopefully there's a good outcome god willing.

• Posted

I can't imagine, though I try, how difficult your daughter's situation is for you.  I hope you get some very encourging news very soon.  Possibly, your daughter's age and size are making her heart problems much more difficult for her health care people  to respond to.  With an accurate diagnosis and more growth and maturation time, they may be able to do much more for her.  We all wish you well and hope to soon hear good news from you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.