Any help with the migraines?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Over the past few days I've felt off and just ill, I've had a really bad stomach and my eyes and ears have hurt. Today I realised it was all the onset of a horrible horrible migraine. I've never felt anything like it, I'm only 21 so just having gallbladder problems is something new to me, never mind migraines.

After some research, I've read that a lot of people said that they get migraines and they think it's associated with their gallbladder and not eating the right food still.

Has anyone gone through this and do you have any advice? I can't cope with this migraine anymore I'm in agony!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello katelouise...

To answer your question regarding migraines, yes, I did have quite a few prior to having my gallbladder out, however, I do have problems with blood pressure. After a few visits to the ER, prior to gallbladder surgery, the pain from the gallbladder kept my blood pressure skyrocketing up until removal. If you have concerns  with continual migraines, you might want to monitor it, then see a physician. I knew when my blood pressure was acting up, when taking aspirin, acetaminophen or ibuprofen would NOT alleviate my migraines, until I took my blood pressure medicine, the migraines would go away after about 30 minutes. Might want to see your doctor if you keep having them. 

• Posted

Ahh! Yes I'm the same with the ibuprofen and paracetamol not helping it at all, my step mum has a blood pressure monitor so I might check tonight and keep an eye on it until I see my doctor! Thank you so much for your help! X

• Posted

Hello katelouise,

Glad I could help you some. My physician always told me that blood pressure is the silent killer. On one visit mine was 190/96 which, is terribly high, and the remarkable thing is, I felt fine. They wouldn't let me leave until it was down. Please keep an eye on yours, and write it down. Do some research on where your blood pressure should be according to your age, then see your physician if needed. Keep us posted.

• Posted

My gallbladder flares are usually preceded by massive migraines with aura and everything. In some complementary therapies they believe it all down to the liver being out of whack.

​I also have pain and numbness all down the rhs, have been checked but no other reasons found. And pain in middle and left of upper abdomen! Lots of gas, nausea, distention and loss of appetite to round it all off.

​I have had acupuncture and chiropractor treatment which helped a little, although of course, this was not to replace mainstream healthcare, just to ease the symptoms as I am on a never ending waiting list for gb surgery - another story!

​I stay off gluten and lactose and eggs as these are among the many things that no longer seem to suit me, though I had a coeliac test as negative, it seems to reduce symptoms.

​Hope you soon can find some relief.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.