Today I get my colonoscopy 😖

Posted , 6 users are following.

Today is my appointment . I'm not expecting good news since my symptoms are only getting worst . Lower back pain, narrow stools , weight loss , constipation and lower side stabbing pains 😞.

I drank the flush out liquid already and I have to keep going to the restroom lol. Oh my I'm so flushed out .

So far I'm about $1700 in dr bills 😢

$950 for the actual procedure (with united health care)

$390 for some other bill I'm not sure of

$89 for the solution to drink

And my monthly insurance bill of $350

Well prayer 🙏🏽 is key . Let's see what happens today .

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

• Posted

Wish you the best of luck Mark and try to remain positive - amazing what these consultants etc can do so keep your chin up - really feel for you all in the States RE: cost of healthcare - one good thing we do have here in the UK. All the very best MarkΒ 
  • Posted

Thinking of you Mark. I know what you're going through. I felt the same and had a colonoscopy and I had a very large polyps removed (4cm) which is apparently big for a polyps. Waiting for results was horrible but all was clear thank goodness. Have to have a yearly colonoscopy now which isn't pleasant but I'm happy with that to be honest.

I feel 100% better now that has been removed. I'm in the UK too and we're very lucky to have to NHS. It's not perfect but better than the alternative. I'm sure you'll be fine. Please let us all know how it all went.

Take care

• Posted

Well I'm out !

Dr said colon and stomach is in great shape other than mild internal hemmoroids .

Wow I was sure somthin was wrong !

Prayer works .

• Posted

Many people are scared to get a colonoscopy just like I was . I did both endoscopy and colonoscopy.

I think going to the dentist is worst . I had almost every symptom in the book that pointed to colon cancer . Moral of the story is don't believe what you see on Google . Just get the colonoscopy and believe in God .

• Posted

Hi Mark

What were your initial symptoms?

I have had faint traces of blood in my stools the last few weeks, not every time but enough for me to notice. Should I see my doctor?

• Posted

I had just about every symptom in the book for cancer .

Lower back pain

Side adomninal pain

gas

Bloated

narrow stools

Weight loss

Constipation

And sometimes blood on occasion . But it could of been food like tomatoe etc .

I did my colonoscopy and endoscopy .

My colon was fine .

Dr said my problem was STRESS .

I would still go to the dr if I was you just to be safe . Set up your colonoscopy . It's so so easy and quick and PAINLESS . You won't feel a thing . Sooner the better. You'll be fine .

• Posted

Hi,

My symptoms are lower back pain and the traces of blood, definitely not weight loss!! I'm putting on weight so I'm taking that as a plus sign??

I do suffer from anxiety so could this cause my symptoms?

I've made an appointment to see my doctor on Monday, im in the UK so we can't request a colonoscopy, the doctor will arrange if they feel it's necessary

• Posted

If I we're you just tell the dr you have much more symptoms so they can go with a colonoscopy. I'm not a Dr but your symptoms can be a number of things other than cancer .

• Posted

This post calmed me down some Mark. I had terrible colon cancer symptoms. And had my colonscopy today. I just knew I had a blockage or colon cancer. No way around it. And it came back fine no polyps with he said external hemmoroids but pic looks like it's taken from inside of colon? And nonspecific inflammation rectum. Not sure what that means either. But he said I had no cancer or anything. I still don't understand it. I've had tiny pencil think stools been blocked up and having to take pills to use bathroom (I use to go 15 mins after eating every time, no constipation). And I'm sure I was bleeding from red in mucus. Maroon even saw tarry looking tiny pellet stool before.

It's like 1000 pounds have been lifted off my shoulders. I been stressing over this for months. And I am 32 years old and my grandma died of colon cancer at age 44.

Your post gave me tiny amount of hope the past week. I did pray and I'm not a very religious person. Google is very bad for anyone reading it.

• Posted

Hooray for you!

my dad died because of colon cancer and I have had polyps. I am sorry you lost your grandmother.

hugs

• Posted

Yeah I'm sorry to hear that. The only thing though I feel like my symptoms will return and they was bad. Like suffering bad. I don't think I was making them up in my head. But maybe I was so conceived I had colon cancer from seeing blood I was?? I also have no health insurance and have to pay everything out of pocket so I hope they would still say if they seem something like cancer or anything. I don't think that would matter but just saying.

• Posted

I'm glad your doing better . Please keep on top of your health . Your liver can also affect your Digestive tract . I'm in the process of getting mine checked out . Prayer DOES work but you need to stay committed to the man up stairs .

• Posted

Yeah, I think pain on left side is usually something else besides liver. Not sure though but I thought liver pain was mostly on right side and back.I have been wondering if maybe my spleen was enlarged I read it can cause problems with your stomach and feeling full without eating much. But I think my gi doctor thinks it's acid reflux which it could be. I am really burpy. He prescribed me something for acid reflux which I have not went and picked it up yet. I do agree this whole process is a wake up call which I'm not like most people I don't smoke or so drugs or drink. But my diet could be better he wants me to eat more fiber also. I do have more questions for him when I follow up with him on Jan 3rd.

• Posted

USA, me too.

No insurance, that I have been through. I do not think you made it up. That said stress can magnify things.

Just take a derp breath and be grateful.

hugs

judith

• Posted

Yeah I was starting to wonder if my spleen was enlarged but I have had my stomach checked by 2 different doctors this year.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.