Ways to speed up a outbreak?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I been having a outbreak since Sunday and I'm trying to figure out some ways to speed this irritating outbreak up. Does anyone have suggestions? I'm already on antivirals 400 mg that I've been taking 4 of since the outbreak has started...which doesn't seem to be helping at all

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

An outbreak* sorry
  • Posted

Don't know of a way to speed it up. It's gotta run its course. The antivirals give a few days and u will feel so much better. I dealt with my first outbreak for almost a week before I got to the dr and got meds. Took like 3 days and I coukd finally sit down again

• Posted

Yea absolutely! Firstly see if your doctor can prescribe you lidocaine creame to soothe the pain and secondly (this helped them heal so much quicker for me) is taking a hot bath, without any soaps, only salt and bathe in it for a little while. The salt will help clean and dry out the sores without irritating them. Just make sure when you come out of the tub that you pat your area dry don't rub it and wear something very airy to bed. This will help them heal and will make it a little more tolerable for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.