Natrual treatment????

Posted , 4 users are following.

Anyone self medicate?

Had any experience with natruapaths?

Take any home redmedies that have found helpful??

Any advice tips or guidance would be greatly aprechiated

Thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Supplementary, Complementary and Alternative Medicine

(SCAM)

Unless there is irrefutable scientific proof these "alternative medicines" work, I won't go down that path.

I was a member of an Australian sarcoidosis group and quit, when I was censored for complaining about some quack potion that was put on the site. What disgusts me, is vulnerable people are put at risk by these scam artists.

• Posted

Im not gullable. And im not just going to take somones word for it. But there is nothing wrong with keeping an open mind or trying something new.... In my mind anyways. But each to there own. Im up for suggestions and research smile its interesting if it means i only learn something knew its something else i did not know today smile

• Posted

Hi Katld,

I was diagnosed with pulmonary sarcoidosis in March 2016. It has been a long battle. I'm still off work so that's twelve months now but trying to get back hoping it will be before Xmas but not looking likely now definitely January then.

Anyway I'll stop jawing. The only natural supplements I take are acidophilus to protect my tummy with all the meds I'm taking and turmeric it helps with inflammation. I know from reading your other posts that you are having a hard time with the steroids but they do work and they wouldn't have put you on them if they didn't think you needed them. I started at 30mgs and I'm down to five and they are going to reduce them by one mg every month until I'm off them which will be next June.

The side effects are bad, my mood swings are the hardest to cope with especially with two kids who don't understand that you don't mean to snap at them. The fatigue on the high dose was a pain but it does get better. I'm still moody but not too bad and I went to counselling to talk about what was going on and it really helped. I also have a good support network which is a great bonus.

Please stick with them they do work even there will be ups and downs. If you told me in January that I would feel nearly myself again by years end I wouldn't have believed you but I do.

Why not try an anti inflammatory diet and exercise like walking is great. The diet has no specific name but if you google it it will give you different variations. I haven't done it myself but I may just try it to keep myself on the right side of healthy.

Try not to get disheartened by it all. It will get better. Regards,

Polly.

• Posted

Lol 5mg a month im coming down 5mg a week. And boy my sleep nows it! I have to take my 2 year old to her review at 10 in the morning its now 5am and im still wide awake! sad gonna be a long day. Wouldnt mind if she napped haha!!! And tbh its not all about the predisolone but helping to gear my body to fight it. If there is a chance that by taking natrual antiflamitrys and omega 3s ect ect can help my body then why not give it that extra boost eh! There are lots of nscientific research to suggest that not everything we hear is bubbles. I know alot of it is highly debatable. Anyways i hope you manage to get back to work in january im sure for the social aspect of it will do you the world ofngood. Even though that in its self will be hard work getting back into. Lol x

• Posted

Hi me again,

Ok so there are things that I have been taking for many months now and I do find alot of them work and give me energy.

Simple things like turmeric capsules, vitamin c, magnesium, floradix foravital liquid iron and vitamins really gives me energy.

If you go through some of my discussions there are some other things too like different foods to.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.