Do/dr

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had derelazation for a year now and it's just mind blowing to me how long it can last.it was getting significantly better but now I think I fell into a hole again.i feel as if no one or nothing exist and when I look at myself or people they look just fake which just hurts my brain.i have obsessive thoughts about existence and how anything is possible and what if my entire life is just a experiment.i think those thoughts are what are causing the anxiety.it feels like it won't stop .I still hope and can anybody relate?it came back as randomly as it appeared it's just so strange.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I do relate I had it many times days weeks but it wasn't constant it depended on how anxious I was, looking back, but at the time I don't think I knew just how out of hand my anxiety really was. It wasn't until I really understood it was harmless and that it indeed would go away, that it started to go away slowly, as I began to unwind my crazy loop I was in. We become like a hamster on the wheel. I wasn't sure was it this or that, causing the anxiety or the sensation or feeling that caused the anxiety. I did get on some drugs to slow down my brain, I didn't have a choice because I could not stop obsessing on the feelings, and how everyone looked like they were in a dreamworld. It use to scare me to look at myself in the mirror, It was so scary I didn't look real. I remember it all so well. It was so sureal and frightening. I assure u, u will get better as soon as u can stop the loop thinking and be able to calm down, u are much much more anxious than u know if u are having derealization. Are u, or have u been on any meds for anxiety? How long have u had anxiety, that u are aware of? What do u think started all of this?

• Posted

I haven't took any meds and my anxiety is definitely worse when I'm depersonalized.i think it's almost a loop ,I think about the world not Being real and that maybe it's likely that it isn't and then I get massive head pressure and depersonalization.and when that happens it makes me think more and more and more .I sometimes think I'm going mad because it's just unbelievable how I can get those thoughts.

• Posted

I promise, u are not going mad. You are just so wound tight u don't even realize it. My shrink I went to had it for about a year when he was about 19, until he could learn more about anxiety and the type of person he was and what set the anxiety off for him. It is not unusual to get this with extreme anxiety and u are focusing on it. I bet every day u get up u look in the mirror and freak out and say OH NO IT IS STILL THERE IT WILL NEVER GO AWAY. And that in a blink of an eye sends anxiety to the brain and that quick u are back into massive anxiety , that u think it will never go away. Why don't u go to the doc. and tell him what is going on? I bet u are a guy and young and embarrased to go, don't be they see this every day. A regular doc. sees this every day.Would u be up for trying a visit to ur doc?

• Posted

I did and I quit it as soon I started feeling good I think that was my mistake.
    • Posted

You know u need to go back and get on something. You may need a little xanax to take 3 times a day for about 2 weeks, while the antidepresants are getting into ur system. At least the combination of the two will quickly subside your derealization.
    • Posted

I'm not sure about chemicals I'd much rather do it naturally somehow because what if side effects kick in

• Posted

I was terrified about drugs as ALL people are with anxiety, they scare us. But that is all part of the anxiety and the side effects are nothing compared to what u are going through.Look at it this way , you think u are going mad, u have had a year of misery, so what is the side effect u are afraid of? Did u know this why most people with anxiety struggle for so long, because they are all afraid of everything and the minute they get a script for a drug they start reading all the side effects and scaring themselves to death.The biggest side effect dizzy once or twic maybe or loose bowels nothing that will hurt u. If u dont like the way they make u feel u just stop snd try something different. If u don't try them u have 100% chance of continually feeling crappy if u do try u have way better than a 80% chance u will start feeling better. It is mad that we people with anxiety are so fearful of so many things like dying,or loosing control,or  feeling side effects, and the list goes on and on that is the trick anxiety plays on u so u can't get better. I sure would love to know what natural remedy really works for people with severe anxiety I am over 64 years old and have lived with this for years and come from a family that suffered greatly from anxiety .and I can tell u the drugs wont hurt u, u need them , even if for just a year or two.  We become so afraid of everything and try to control everything. Give in and have a talk with ur doctor then as u settle down and can begin to sort out how u got this bad, and things begin to make more sense. You need out of this loop and the hell ur in,

• Posted

Sometimes I feel the same I have problems relating to people around me. Although with me I think Iam very cynical and ask why am I still around.

If you are getting no relief from this sensation you should talk to your GP as this can be treated. 

Let us know how you get on

BOB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.