Pain and uncomfortable to sleep at night

Posted , 3 users are following.

Okay so the tens machine was not a good idea, since using it for 2 days i have more pain than before and i cannot get comfortable to sleep through the night.

I take 2 cocodamol 1/2 hour before bed along with other meds but this is not making it so i can sleep. it is agony and worse as i move now.

I have an MRI scheduled for the 22nd Dec but really need to be able to sleep.

Any suggestions or help appreciated.

Really loosing the will with the pain now!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Were you instructed by a professional on how to use the TENS unit? It is important on how you place the patches. I'm really sorry that it's made you worse rather than better. I'm sorry that I don't have any suggestions for your increased pain this time other than ice or heat.

• Posted

Yes i had 2 hours in hosital with them showing and using the machine.

It was not something i wanted but was a suggestion so i tried it.

• Posted

Morning Dawn; I am sorry if I have missed any previous letters/blogs from you, re what you are using the TENS machine for?  It can make pain worse if using for any condition that involves nerves, sometimes.    If the pain, is a nerve related pain, then it is over-stimulating the Nerve/s .  If for a condition wanting Muscle Stimulation, then it can be of help (say in a Tendonites)?

​Can you let me know what you are trying to treat, and then  I/we may come up with some other ideas for you?                                  Bron

• Posted

Hi Bron,

It is for lower lumber pain, the last 3 vertebrea are inflammed and my consultant has advised that my facet joints are causing the problem but because they are close to the nerves i am guessing that is why the tens machine was unsuccessful.

• Posted

hugs...I know you have truly tried.

If I coukd speed up your appointment, I would.

Perhaps you could request standby incase someone cancels an appointment.

• Posted

I rang them and unfortunately the only slot they have is the 22nd or i have to wait until the end of January and i really dont want to wait that long.

Thanks but i have come this far another week and a bit wont hurt. I just have to try and manage the pain as it probably wont get any better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.