Phage therapy and plastic surgery - Closest thing to a cure

Posted , 7 users are following.

Coming up for 25 soon and I have been battling with this condition since the age of 14 but got worse at around 20. But right now I'm on 2 antibiotics, Rifampin and Clindamycin and they are working great. I haven't had a single breakout and I have had no side effect. But what worries me is, the side effects of long term antibiotic use and how it kills the good bacteria too

Ok so the cause of HS seems to be 2 things, sweat glands and hair follicles. But did you know bacteria plays a huge role?

Bacteria that causes HS seems to be called staphylococcus. There might be other bacteria involved but this bacteria is the main one that causes flare ups, this goes for other types of diseases too such as folliculitus etc

Obviously bacteria is only a part of the puzzle. Not forgetting sweat glands and hair follicles

Now I am betting no one here has heard of "BacterioPhages" before right. Phages are viruses. Bacteriophages are types of viruses that target specific bacteria. This virus kills the bacteria by infecting its host and replicates itself if the bacteria becomes resistant.

Problem with antibiotics. Antibiotic resistance. This is the major concern and also it kills all the good bacteria

Bacteriophage: Targets the specified bacteria that is causing the problem. This virus only destroys that bacteria and it doesn't kill any other cells such as human cells or other bactera unless its been targeted.

I suggest reading up on phage therapy and how it can probably be a major part of the cure for HS people suffering here

And finally. Plastic surgery performed by an experience surgeon. That's right it can't just be a normal surgeon. Someone experienced in removing the sweat glands and the infected tissue.

These 2 things above, from what I have studied for a long time, seem to be the definitive cure out there.

I'm going to do both of these on myself. Phages have been used over 100 years in killing bacteria, and they are much more powerful than antibiotics because they don't mess your immune system, they don't kill any bacteria apart from the targeted bacteria, and when resistance happens with the bacteria the phage is trying to destroy, even the phage becomes resistant and it creates more phages to destroy that bacteria till its killed.

Bactera, sweat glands, hair follices = HS

Get rid of those 3, is the only way closest to a cure for HS

Enjoy the read and any questions, feel free to ask

Peace

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Interesting. I mentioned about phages in my post briefly once but not in depth.

Great explanation and if you google bacteriophage and read about it, it looks really positive in killing bacteria without any side effects. They are much more potent than antibiotics because they infect bacteria and eat them.

Phage in greek means eat. Phage is short for bacteriophage which eats bacteria basically and nothing else. And each phage is targetted specifically for the particular bacteria. It's possible they could actually treat chronic diseases like HS as bacteria plays a role too. But yeah as you said, a comination of plastic surgery with phage therapy offers the highest cure rate

• Posted

Exactly. I was reading about antibiotics and then came across a blog mentioning phages and then I decided to dig deeper and carry out my own research on google on phages and I just found they could be the key in destroying the bacteria on HS. Which will only help calm the flare ups and help the wounds heal up as bacteria is what causes secondary infections when they enter through your wounds and can slow down healing
  • Posted

It is great to hear of a potential new practice, but it is my understanding that HS infections are usually (but not always) abiotic e.g. your immune system is having a hissy fit over nothing and the anti biotics prescribed are for anti imflamatory purposes not for a bacterial infection.  If that is the case then they would not always help, but removing the glands certianly would.
    • Posted

I agree with some points but there has been studies done on HS lesions and they found the "staph" bacteria present in most of them. This bacteria is known to cause those boils and flare ups or make things worse even if it's not the cause for HS.

So destroying this bacteria or any other bad bacteria present on the places where HS is present, it would only help you get better by getting rid of it. And if you read my explanation about phages vs antibiotics, they have much more advantage and less disadvantages in destroying bacteria. Even read about them on google and you'll be surprised why most doctors don't even give phages to patients and keep feeding us antibiotics which only help temporarily if you're lucky but when you develop other side effects, thats when they fail

And the root of HS is obviously the apocrine glands in these places and the hair follicles. Removing both of these with plastic surgery and laser along taking phages in my opinion offers the highest cure rate than anything I know of.

I have done so much research on this disease and have tried everything out there. Nightshades etc and for me they don't work... but may work only for some as they are not the proven treatment for HS.

• Posted

My HS is caused by food sensitivities. As long as I don't eat nightshades, coconut (including palm oil) or nuts, I stay in remission. Everyone can have different food sensitivities but nightshades are a big one for HS because those vegetables have a natural pesticide that people with autoimmune conditions are sensitive to. I had stage 3 HS and for 10 years. Even the slightest bit of any of the foods will make me flair so I am very strict with my diet. Shredded cheese in a bag for example is coated with potato starch (nightshade) so I shred my own. Back in October, I was eating chocolate covered pretzels and didn't see on the bag that they were processed on the same machinery as peanuts. I had a huge flair. You can research "nightshades and autoimmune conditions" for more info. Good luck!

• Posted

I agree that nightshades may work for some, but then there's people like me who don't even respond to them. I have tried cutting gluten, dairy, nightshades, you name it. No remission. For me the antibiotics are keeping my HS at bay. But I don't want to stay on these forever, so I have been doing alot of research for a long time and have came to a solid conclusion that the best treatment offering the highest cure rate out there that is medically proven are: Phage therapy, Plastic surgery wiith wide excision followed with wound therapy such as BRH Therapy which is offered in London. And then remove all the hair follicles with laser hair removal

• Posted

I spent lots of money on professional laser hair removal only to find out afterwards that it doesn't work for stage 3 hs. It only helps early stages. sad

• Posted

You could have multiple food sensitivities. If you cut one thing out while eating something else your sensitive to, that would be hard to pin down and you would still flare. Just a thought since that's the case for me and several others!

• Posted

Hi, I got stage three as well, my triggers are peanuts and potatoes as far as I could work it out, I've had it for 20+ years, and only last year found a remedy that helped me. I take over the counter zinc tablets, 1 every second day, I have been clear for a year, but when I stopped taking the zinc for a week or so I had a instant flareup. started taking the zinc again and are healing nicely. I can even eat nightshades when on zinc.

• Posted

Very interesting it does make sense. May I ask how you can do phages on yr self ? Or is this something that you would have to ask your doctor to do ?
    • Posted

Interesting indeed. Many people aren't aware of phages including most doctors. But did you know phages were probably the 1st things on this planet before humans and animals and even before bacteria?

And they are natural viruses that reside along with bacteria and feed on them to reproduce more of themselves.

To be honest they are limited and not done all over the world. Eastern europe is where phage therapy is done, but phage cocktails can be sent to you from the centers which do phages after you give them samples of the bacteria present on your HS lesions and they develop phages to target that specific bacteria.

But the best treatment would be to go directly to the place where they do phage therapy and get yourself treated. They treat many serious chronic infections which antibiotics don't respond to such as acne, etc and HS comes under a chronic disease with a lot of bacteria present even although it may not be the cause.

Just google phage and phage therapy and read about it. You'll know everything about them and where you can get treated. Trust me, it's something old yet new. Most doctors forgot about phages and moved to antibiotics but in certain places in europe, phages stand as the gold standart treatment for curing infections

Hope this helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.