Help

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi people I'm really struggling with my tinnitus I'm 27 weeks pregnant and just not coping, have no where to turn or no1 to turn to, I don't think I'm gonna cope well with a baby and makes me regret her I no I shouldn't, I'm even thinking of giving her up I need some relief b4 I do something stupid.

2 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear that leanne. Reaching out is the right thing to do. Maybe talk to a crisis pregnancy centre if there is one in your city. How long have you had tinnitus

God knows and knows the exact cause. It can be from many sources. I will pray for you. 

One thing I've done is lay down and roll my head back and forth on  my pillow a lot for like 10 min until the crunching sounds in my scalp were mostly gone. The next day my tinnitus was barely there. I don't know if that rolling helped or prayer, but I've had 2 good days since. 

Don't regret your baby. Are you young? What is bothering you more the tinnitus or the pregnancy?

• Posted

Hi hope iv had it a few years it's just getting louder, I'm 27 years old I got it from teeth grinding, the tinnitus bothers me every second of the day of can't catch a break, deep down I no i love my baby but I feel I can't do both at the same time.

• Posted

Hello smile

I forgot to mention you should also. get yours ears checked for any wax

build up.

• Posted

Ask your doctor to check your Vitamin B12 and Folate levels as Tinnitus is one of the symptoms of B12 Deficiency.
  • Posted

No, absolutely not...you are not going to do something stupid because we are here for you.

If you decide to give your daughter up, do so to give her a safer home not because your tinnitus is driving you crazy.

Tinnitus can be awful.

Do you know the cause? Some medications cause tinnitus. Aspirin can cause tinnitus. Acetaminophen can cause tinnitus. A loud, sudden noise can bring on the ringing. Have you blocked eustacion tubes? Imbalance of ear pressure can bring on tinnitus, ear injury, circulatory problem, etc.

Knowing the cause allows it to be matched with a specific solution to greatly reduce the possibility of the tinnitus returning.

Low level white noise will help. White noise is noise like rain falling or water falling, it distracts the brain from concentrating on the tinnitus. You should be able to download recordings. In the USA try iTunes or GooglePlayStore.

Are you receiving prenatal care? Your obgyn should be able to give you a referral.

What are you thinking of naming your daughtet?

big, warm hug

• Posted

I really don't won't to give her up she would be safe here I just don't no how I'd cope with a baby and and no sleep, I'm thinking of naming her Bella, I got it from teeth grinding witch has lend to a slipped disc iv been given a night guard and put on 90mg of amitriptyline, iv always noise on in the house but still can't catch a break.

• Posted

I notice from your posts that your tinnitus started with teeth grinding.  This is a special type of tinnitus called somatosensory tinnitus.  In your case, treatment and therapy aimed at relaxing the facial muscles may lessen the tinnitus.

Eleftherios S. Papathanasiou, PhD, FEAN

Clinical Neurophysiologist

Fellow of the European Academy of Neurology

• Posted

Hi Leanne

Baby Bella, what a beautiful name. Go look on Amazon for a white noise compact disc.

And consider taking melatonin 3 mg two hours before bedtime to help you sleep.

Our body makes melatonin and releases it in preparation for sleep but all of our lights and screens inhibit this release. It might take a few days, so be patient.

I am going to stay here for you.

Do you have an obgyn caring for Bella?

Hugs to you both

judith

• Posted

Go to a maxillary surgeon. One that specializes in tmj. I developed tmj after my first born. They make a mouth splint. Soft mout splint. Only want the soft one. Takes a week to get it. Then use it. Takes about two weeks to know of it works. It works on tmj. Your teeth dont touch so it releives some pressure. And deswells and takes down the inflammation that presses on the eustatian tube. Look at an image of tmj and ears amd tinnitus. Yes some is in the brain and can be from hormones too. But this mouth piece will greatly help of thats the cause. After you give birth and about six weeks from there your hormone levels rebalance and so does your blood pressure.  Which can also make it all go away. It seems you having anxiety issues and tinnitus will trigger that as does hormones whilst pregnant. Do your very best to focus on the miracle of the baby. You only have ten to twelve weeks to go.  Set up some kind of help for yourself after the baby is born as well. Ou haven't mentioned supportive people. Parents, siblings, husband, friends?  There are many college kids who would love to entertain your newborn a few hours a day. You can place an ad in the grocery stores or college libraries. If you have the resources you can call for a baby nanny for the first few weeks too. Be sure you are taking your prenatal vitamins many dont because it hurts their bellies or they forget. Those vitamins are needed for you and the baby. Feel good amd hang in there. This is a temporary situation.

• Posted

Hello smile

When I first discovered I had tinnitus I thought I was going to go

nuts.

I searched for natural remedies and cures on the internet so I would

suggest you do the same to find something that works for you.

Make sure you consult with your doctor first before taking anything.

This is what helped my symptoms.

I take melatonin (which also can make you sleepy) and advil gel cap.

I hope you find this helpful.

• Posted

You realize advil is ototxic. That could be the cause of the tinnitus thats what my ent said.
  • Posted

Ask your gyn if you are able to use melatonin. Its how i sleep with all this mess. I do not know if it is safe while pregnant. And it isnt worth any consequences.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.