Tremors

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello All, I feel like I am here asking questions or venting so often but now i have a NEW problem, I am having horrible hand tremors which started as visible hand twitches in my thumb. Luckily it is happening on my right hand ( I am a southpaw) It has now progressed in 3 days to full out tremors where I can barely hang on to my phone or a pad of paper. It is pretty freaky. ALso I was sitting and suddenly I felt like I was falling sideways t the ground at 100mph even though I didn't move. Partner that with awful joint pain/electric like shocks going through my fingers and I am at witts end. My bf is seeing our dr tomorrow ( about 7 hours) so I wrote a note to our Dr. 

Anyone else dealing with all this junk? I am at the point where I am just ticked off now.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

losing balance and the sensation of losing balance may indicate an inner ear issue.

nerve pain in your hands may indicate a nerve compression anywhere from your neck, to your elbow, to your carpal tunnel.

• Posted

Thank you for replying smile DO you have any twitching and major tremors/shaking at a super fast rate? I have read some with sjogrens have it and read elsewhere not a symptom.

• Posted

Hi TJ, sounds like to me carpal tunnel syndrome for the grip issue. The falling / vertigo symptoms could be due to the fluid in your ear drying out leading to your perception of balance being distorted.

Never dull then, you just don't know what you are going to wake up with do you with this disease.....Take it easy on yourself and try not to beat yourself up!

Best,

Mark

• Posted

Aww thank you! Was examined a few weeks ago because I have finger pain for awhile but keeps worsening over last few days and was told no carpal tunnel, just frustrated because especially earlier tonight s shaking was crazy! I did have doc clean out ears a week or so ago so you are probably right on that smileTy for replying smile Thid disease is bad! I also have hidradenitis suppurativa, fibro I am told, and rhuemy thinks ms though neuro says sjogrens lol. I guess it can always be worse. ALl I want to do is bake cookies an treats for the holidays and frustrated I dont have the energy. Geesh I am only 48. Not feeling sorry for myself, again just frustrated. Hope you are having a good daysmile

• Posted

I have tremors as well. They started out as fine tremors in my right hand and progressed to both hands within a month. A couple of weeks later, it worsened and I was having full body tremors. My rheumatologist said since the Sjogren's has attacked my neurological system, I would have to see an Autonomic Neurologist. The earliest appointment was five months out, so my rheumy added methotrexate to my hydroxychloroquine in the mean time. I no longer have the full body tremors, but still have the hand tremors. I finally see the neuro this week, so we will see what she has to say.

Tremors are not really a symptom of Sjogren's, but they can be a warning if something else is going on or letting you know that your disease is out of control.

My story is a bit different than others since I do have nerve damage caused by Sjogren's. I now have Gastroparesis, neuropathy, and headaches in addition to the tremors. The Gastroparesis and neuropathy unfortunately are not reversible.

About the loss of balance thing, I have that as well. Mine is also from nerve damage that has caused orthostatic hypotension. If I move to fast or get up too quickly, my blood pressure drops causing the dizziness. That doesn't mean you have that either though. It may be something as simple as having water in the inner ear (Meniere's disease). I have that as well, but was caused by a virus seven years ago. The treatment was simply to put me on a diuretic and I was fine.

• Posted

Hello PharmD

so sorry you have all that going on! I have small fiber neuropathy and horrible headaches I am supposed to go on Cymbalta for but I am still deciding. Heard a lot of bad things about it. The tremors still have me a bit worried and have a dr appt friday and will talk more about it then. I also cant watch tv with a lot of action nor water in it because i get dizzy  lol. Who knows, right? smile I am getting to an I dont care anymore because my whole body is always vibrating and shocking me. Just fed up and will have to deal with it. I say this now but I am sure something else crazy will happen and I will be back sounding off lol.

Tanke care, ty for the info, and I hope your holiday season is magical!

• Posted

Hi...I had these symptoms too with Behcet's. Not the same disease but so similar. It can affect the central nervous system. I am currently in remission long may it continue. X

• Posted

I am praying for yousmile Have a great holiday season and I hope all stays good!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.