I think I may have a cyst.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, I was just wondering could anyone help me please. I'm so desperate. Last year I noticed a small lump just on the opeining of my vagina and had it checked and doc said it was nothing. However, last month it doubled in size to a red grape and I was given anti biotics and it went away. I was being intimate with my partner a couple of nights ago and it was a little rougher than usual, and within the space of 3-4 days the cyst came back but bigger again. And now I think it's leaking pus, as there is a greenish yellow discharge albeit not a lot. Please someone help me. Sitting down is a chore now and it's so painful it's affecting my sleep. Sorry for the essay! sad

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, 

Definitely a Bartholin Cyst/absess. You need to see your GP asap. Hopefully antibiotics will clear it up. If not, there are procedures that can be done under local anaesthetic. The most important is seeing your Dr asap.

• Posted

I just left the emergency room a few hours ago. I never knew what the heck a bartholins abcess even was in October I noticed a lump and it doubled in size within a couple days. I went to the e.r and they put me on antibiotics and it never went down. I returned a week after being on the antibiotics and they had to lance it. Now two months later it happened again! I got it lanced this time it is way more painful. My while entire right lip is swollen worse than what it was before I had it lanced this second time. The lump is still there. Blood came out. I don't think the doctor cut deep enough inside this time. I can barely walk right now. He shoved gauze in the incision. I'm hoping this goes down. I'm also 28 weeks pregnant! Definitely sounds like you have an abcess! Best thing to do is get it lanced. It is not pleasant, but people who post they got theirs to burst is had to believe to me! I couldn't get that lucky! Hope this helps!

• Posted

hello

if your not afraid of a surgery i think you should try it,.for me now i treat it on my own by having a hot compress twice a day..it helps to lessen the days of pain because it burst on its own after 3days..i try a lot of different antibiotic before but it keeps on coming back.so i choose a home remedy treatment..i hope it will help you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.