Can gastritis be cured?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Did someone out there really fully recoverd from chronic gastrits? 

I dont ask for tips how to recover I just wounder if someone out there fully recoverd from  chronic gastrits? 

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

About ten years ago I have fully recoverd from chronic gastritis

However, I have undergone gastroscopy,  biopsy for cell changes,

Heliobacter test, PPI drugs, constant monitoring by repeated gastroscopy, but no specific diets. My doctor said that refraining from spicy food is nonsense, since stomach acid is naturally stronger than spices. I shunned all kind of "natural" remedies, homeopathy, and similar "snake oil" products. Besides, gastric reflux  and its

esophageal side effects could become life-threatening if not

talken care of and hiatus hernia is severe, can necessitate a

rather slowly healing operation, even if it is laparoscopic..

• Posted

Thanks for your answer smile

Ye I had helicobacter and it gave me a chronic gastrits and now after the helico is gone i still have the chronic gastrits.

How long did it take for you to recover ?

• Posted

Yes, I used to get it regularly but I haven't for several years now. There's hope! razz I've put a lot of effort into healing my digestive system, among other things. I don't think it can just go by itself.

• Posted

Glad to hear you got better smile 

Ye you need to find what works best for you!

• Posted

Thanks! razz I just used the basic natural remedies that are recommended a lot.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.