2nd week help!

Posted , 4 users are following.

, I just finished my first week of 10 mg after being on 5 mg for one week. I feel so horribly drug/stoned and it is awful and causing me to panic. Does this side effect get better? I just do not feel like my normal self if you're heavily medicated which I know I am taking a medication. Does this where off as your body adjusts? Any stories or experiences would greatly help. Thank you so much

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Walter,

I'm in the same boat as you. I started on 5mg for a week, had all the side effects. Nausea, dizzines and an over all weird feeling. I went up to 10mg and things got really bad. All the side effects got 100% worse. On the 5th day i had a really bad panic attack, like nothing i have ever had before. I left work crying. I called my Dr. and she said to go back down to 5mg. I did that for a week and went up to 7.5mg, as i felt 5mg wasn't enough. I have been on that dose for 16 days now and feel worse than i did. I have really bad nausea, dizzines, vertigo, a weird feeling in my head and horrible stomach pain. I told my Dr. and i feel she doesn't take me seriously! I am going to a new Dr. tomorrow, i hope this one cares and helps me. I have read a lot of other peoples experinece online and they seem to say it can be really bad and to just wait it out, and it seems to take 4 weeks or more to fully kick in and that goes for each time you increase as well. I know it's very frustrating and scarey. I just wanted to let you know you are not alone. Try to give it some more time if you can, and call your Dr. with any questions you have. I hope you start to feel better soon.

• Posted

You are right this is very scary. We take the pill because it supposed to make us better but it makes us feel so awful. And I get so nervous every morning that I take it. I just want my life back. You were not in this alone and we will get through this
  • Posted

Walter,  I started this medication...and felt the same way.  My doctor told me to give it 2-3 weeks to adjust. I lost 10 pounds...as I did not want to eat...sick at my stomach, I would have panic attacks.  I felt like I was having hot flashes.  My neighbor takes this same med and she told me to give it 2-3 weeks and I would feel so much better.  She was right and it has made a big difference for me.  I wish you the best, because it is an awful feeling.  God Bless You ...but do hang in there if you can!!
    • Posted

I am trying my best to persevere. I guess I don't really have a choice. Sometimes feels like you're going through all this alone. That's why your response helps. My question to you is because I want to know that this is normal. Did you have a weird overly medicated feeling when you started it?

• Posted

Bless you Walter I know how awful these feelings are too, it does get better really it does. I started on 5mg for one month after that I moved to 10mg for two months and then 15mg from then on, I started in may this year unfortunately there's no getting around the fact that depression and anxiety are mental illnesses that take time to heal,but heal they do as surely as the sun will rise, you will get better,you just need to be patient and be kind to yourself, try to release yourself from pressure and stress I found guided meditation a big help and an aid for sleep too. Hope I've been a little help, all the best Walter.

• Posted

Thank you so much for your kind words. I just feel so weird and medicated and it is making me so scared. Did you have this experience at all? It feels like I will never feel normal again.

Thank you sincerly

• Posted

Yes I've had this experience and I still have symptoms to be honest, I found that my recovery has come in waves of bad days followed by good days, gradually there is more and more good days until there are more good days than bad, its been a long slow process one minute you feel better then crash and your bad again but that being said its the place we find ourselves so we must try to be patient with ourselves and believe in the healing power of the human body.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.