Back again!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi. Just dropping in to say hello again. Had FS in right shoulder last year after I fell hard on my shoulder skiing in march. Tore my bicep and was in sling for two weeks and then, as you will all guess, pain started increasing not decreasing and finally diagnosed FS. Had three hydrodilations and after the third was completely gone by end of July. Fast forward to spring 2016 and slight niggling on left collar bone. Months of that, nothing awful and then suddenly in September was hit by a zinger out of nowhere and I knew exactly where I was headed. Chiro refused to believe it was FS but I took myself off to GP, referred to ortho consultant and he confirmed FS. Now waiting for hydrodilation. Should have been mid Nov but I had a small infection and he wouldn't do it. Now on 7th Jan.

The most interesting thing to me is how different this one is - and I now know just how bad the first one was. Most of the time I'm ok with this - can manage, pain not constant and it's not really affecting my sleep. Not having to take painkillers that often - but when I catch it and the zingers come - boy oh boy. And they're very different too - the first arm zingers just hit immediately but this arm they're kind of slow burn - you know you've done it and then the pain builds and builds.

I'm doing hydro because it worked last time for me and even low grade FS like I seem to have is pretty debilitating.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi im sorry to hear about your frozen shoulder. I have it and it hurts like hell. Can I ask what a hydro is? I'm looking for ways to help but at the moment I'm stuck as I'm pregnant and not much they can do for me. Thanks

• Posted

Hi I have had 3 lots of injections in what the GP diagnosed has FS. Movement returned but still very sore. The main pain now is like nerve pain from my neck down my arm which can take my breath away when really bad. GP prescribed Tramadol and Amitriptyline which he says relaxes the neck muscles and nerves around my neck which he thinks is separate to my FS. I have seen a NHS a Physiotherapist only once he can't see me for  another month and just said it was trapped nerves and gave me exercises to do. Nothing seems to help and I am currently up at 1.30am because I can't sleep. I am desperate for some relief from this pain especially when in bed. Can you get the Hydrodilation on NHS and how long would I have to wait. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.