Shoulder Bone Spur

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,

I've had a should bone spur for about 3 years after mid diagnosis I've only just found out what it was. I had a steroid injection & physio neither worked so awaiting surgery. The orthopaedic told me that it will ONLY cause pain in my upper arm & not the bells however my whole arm hurts including my wrist & sometimes hand. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I had the operation in September. It was done keyhole but i was told it would be 12 to 18 months to heal because i also have fibromyalgia. Its been three months and yes sometimes my whole arm hurts from the side of my neck into my shoulder arm and fingers. If anyone touched me on the top of my shoulder i think i would get into outer space with the pain. My consultant showed me xrays of before and after which were fasinating. Steroid injections didnt work with me either. I just hope that this works because i think my other shoulder is going the same way.
  • Posted

I had surgery in November to remove a bone spur and to repair my rotator cuff that was torn by the spur.. My first doctor tried injections and therapy and it didn't help one bit .. I asked for a second opinion and he set up surgery on the first visit because he didn't want it to tear any further . My pain was only in the shoulder itself so yours may be hitting a nerve ..

• Posted

I wish you well. I had bone spurs as well as torn rotator cuff and also an acromioplasty, due to arthritis. I think that the acromioplasty was the more difficult recovery. Hopefully your spur hasn't damaged your muscle or nerve , my way of thinking says that is what is causing your pain. Wishing you a quick and complete recovery. Do everything your doc says and you should be fine.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.