how I successfully conceived

Posted , 3 users are following.

I just want to share how I combatted my fertility issues due to pcos to give some hope to those trying. I tried for 2.5 years to conceive with no success. After multiple unhelpful hospital assessments I stumbled across an article on how diet affected pcos...no consultant or Dr ever said there was anything I could do myself to help my situation.

I started a low gi diet. Cut out all foods with soya. Practically cut out dairy. Started taking inositol supplement. Within 3 months my periods returned regularly. Weight had stabilised & facial hair was non-existent. An obstetric consultant told me that sometimes when weight is lost to get bmi to the lower end of normal (just on the border of underweight) it sometimes kickstarts your body. Over a few months I managed to lose quite a lot of weight to get to my target bmi. My periods were normal by this time & my consultant confirmed I had recently ovulated (the first time this was ever suggested). I was actually pregnant at this point but didn't realise. I now have had my healthy baby boy....it took a lot of effort to get to this point but I just wanted to share my story as I truly believe if I hadn't taken matters into my own hands I never would have successfully conceived. Good luck to all those trying.

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Kelly dear,

Thanks so much this is really encouraging and am very happy for you

• Posted

Thanks for sharing ur story. I would like to know how u did it with the low gi diet .ive looked and cant seem to find anything 😔

• Posted

There is a book called the low gi diet by dr Jennie brand-miller that is very good but I just followed the principles....swapped white pasta to brown pasta, swapped white rice to brown rice. Swapped potatoes to sweet potatoes. I also cut out soya (I'm vegetarian so that was quite a lot), cut out or at least down on dairy. I also made protein shakes with fruit, whey protein & almond milk each morning that I put the inositol in. Hope that helps...it made a huge difference for me although it was quite difficult to stick to at times.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.