Uncomfortable wheezy chest only when sitting

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi chaps, very strange condition for a few weeks, during the day going about normally, walking the dog shopping etc I am totally fine, when I go to bed at night I feel perfect but at about 7 in the evening if I settle on a chair to watch tv I get a wheezy chest, sometimes a dry cough and find it really uncomfortable, so much so that I often go off to bed early knowing that it will relieve the discomfort, no phlegm, hardly a cough at all, a little very minor back pain but hardly worth mentioning, no shortness of breath, no real environmental reasons, we have a wood burner but I get to feel unwell even when it's unlit, I'm on ramipril and simvastatin but have been for many years with no side-effects.

Anyone any thoughts please ?

Roger

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

If you hadn't said you were fine at night I would have suggested nocturnal asthma (nighttime asthma) - WebMD has a very good article about it which might still be relevant. But is this always after your evening meal? Could it be reflux?

• Posted

I reckon that an American site will have different procedures when diagnosing medical conditions..

Enviromental Issues.

My question would beĀ 

Do you have any family?

ISounds like something I get.

• Posted

No Eileen, I'm totally OK at night ... ill when sitting down at night, I'm beginning to think it might be the wood burner so I might try leaving it unlit for a couple of nights and see what happens. The only family flufighter is my wife (and dog) ... they show no signs of discomfort so maybe it's a newly developed allergy to the smoke particles ... I maybe need to look at the ventilation. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.