mobility

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had shoulder surgery 5 weeks ago.  They shaved down the bone, and repaired the tendon which had a hole in it, and drilled in 4 anchors.  My mobility is still so limited.  It is getting very depressing.  Will I ever feel normal agaiN?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Becky,

I had the surgery two weeks ago today, I'm not 100% sure what he did but I know he was going to shave the bone down, its been sore over christmas and movement fairly limited, I am back driving with some pain on the gear changes, but seem to be improving a small bit everyday, just managed to get a fairly tight shirt on, which is a first sine the op, give it a chance and I'm sure it will improve, fingers crossed

• Posted

it sure is slow going.  good luck on your recovery
  • Posted

It's been 5 months since my last surgery. I've had 3 in a yr. Recovery is slow and tests your patience. Just do as you're told and do the p.t. You will get better. Maybe not 100% but you will feel normal again at some point. My Dr said 3 to six months. Good luck and hope things start looking up for you.

• Posted

Hi Becky, I got FS due to an injury in May, I had surgery in Aug ACR and MUA this was done at the stage where the pain had almost stopped. I was having physiotherapy twice a week, then went to once a week (I was exercising at home as well) I can now spread it out to once a fortnight. Once I started back at work ft I stopped doing exercises because I wasn't seeing any improvement I had plateaued. Well with not doing any exercises at home I felt that I was starting to improve (I do administration so I do use my left arm alot) I went and had physiotherapy the other day and after it I basically had full ROM and it has continued to stay. My shoulder still gets a little sore but I'm truly at the end of it all, 4 months after surgery. The surgery was definitely worth doing. The Dr said my shoulder capsule was 6 times the thickness that it should be and for that to break down without surgery it would have taken so much longer to recover.

• Posted

Did the surgeon tell you the prospects and time line prior to the surgery?
    • Posted

the  dr said 6 weeks and I would be back to normal.  hahaha.  Now he wants to do the manual manipulation, but said as hard as the scar tissue is, there is a risk for broken bones.  Not feeling too good about anything these days.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.